help me please!

hi all i have just started to rip a isuzu out of a rrc to put in my 110 mod 2.5n/a as a conversion now loking at the def there does not seem to be as many wires on the n/a lump as there seems to be on the isuzu, so my question is do i need all the wires connected on the isuzu lump or is it just a case of like for like when re connecting the isuzu lump in the ole defender ie is there a cdi brain type thing i need to swap over as well

thanks in advance jason

hi all i have just started to rip a isuzu out of a rrc to put in my 110 mod 2.5n/a as a conversion now loking at the def there does not seem to be as many wires on the n/a lump as there seems to be on the isuzu, so my question is do i need all the wires connected on the isuzu lump or is it just a case of like for like when re connecting the isuzu lump in the ole defender ie is there a cdi brain type thing i need to swap over as well

thanks in advance jason

Which Isuzu engine?

I fitted on of these engines into a 3 dr frontera a few years ago. Only problem was the alternator wiring, I think it had a charge relay . I disconnected all the egr and engine quick warm up and only used the stop solenoid on the pump.

I fitted on of these engines into a 3 dr frontera a few years ago. Only problem was the alternator wiring, I think it had a charge relay . I disconnected all the egr and engine quick warm up and only used the stop solenoid on the pump.

I'd go with that. The injection pump has two connections, one of which will let you start it - ignore the other (white Landy wire)

The Landy bulkhead connector has two big brown wires - these need to be connected to the same terminal as the battery feed to the starter motor solenoid.

White / red on the Landy bulkhead connector goes to the solenoid.

Brown / yellow goes the back of the alternator, small connector somewhere (don't know your alternator type). The stud or big terminals on the alternator also need to be connected to the same terminal as the battery feed on the starter motor solenoid.

The odd thickish white /brown wire goes the heater plugs.

It should then start ... :ph34r:

Ref the two wires on the injection pump on the Isuzu - the one at the back nearest the engine is the stop solenoid - same as on your defender it needs an ignition fed live feed before it will start flowing fuel. The other wire which goes into a solenoid on the side of the pump is a cold start device - it advances the timing a couple of degrees and makes cold starting much easier, just run a switch on the dash to it.

Everything else is pretty straightforward, the alternator will have a couple of wires you don't need - charge is abvious and I forget the colour of the one that feeds the ignition light on the dash but PM me when you get to that stage or have a look on the ITOCUK forum for info. Depending on what car the engine is from, the ign light feed may be a bit quirky, I think old trooper engines need to run the feed through a relay or something?