Rear dickie seats in a disco2

nicks90

Might have the need later on this week to utilise all the seats in our 7 seat disco2 transporting some kids about.

Question is, all these nippers still use forward facing car seats - the ones that are basically like a booster seat and the standard 3 point harness holds them and the seat in place.

question is - are the 2 dickie seats in the back of the td5 disco certified to carry kids in this fashion?

i think they are, as they have 3 point seat belts and the seats are locked in place etc, but before i strap the blighters in i want to be sure.

cheers

Nick

Page 53 of the user manual would suggest not, the concern is the limited space between rows 2 and three. It does say smaller forward facing seats and booster seats are ok in these positions though.

Also front seat is a no go as you probably know.

If you have to use two or three child seats I'd use them in the middle row.

I have a grand total of five granddaughters that we (my wife and I) regularly pick up from school. The two youngest consider the 2 seats in the 3rd row as THEIR seats and are quite comfy and safe in there, strapped in with the additional headrests locked down.

The granddaughters are the main reason I was looking for the seven seater that I own since december last and I heave not had a second of regret in buying it. (disco 2, build 2000 with 210000 kms on the clock and running smoothly)

indeed.

ncap ratings are for that 800kg crisp packet hitting a wall at 30mph, so energy involved is only from that 800kg.

i hit that 800kg tin can in my 2400kg disco2 at 30mph - then i am imparting 3 times the energy into it. Like to see its ncap rating with that sort of real world impact.

he will be my crumple zone.

Watched an old fifth gear last night and they crashed a volvo estate into a renault modus head on at 40mph.Which would you rather be in? Before watching I would have said the volvo but after seeing the result of the crash put me down for the modus(crisp packet).