NAS Spec Lamps

Gents,

I have had a search through the archives but all the previous topics on NAS spec lamps are quite old.

Before I run off and order a full set from Paddocks or the like (which will end up as Britpart branded more than likely) does anyine recommend a supplier or brand name?

I actually saw a Tesco delivery lorry with what looked like a nice set of the same size rear lights fitted the other day, can you get the same size/type of lamps commercially? I am sure the items fitted to the delivery vans are pukkha kit.

Maybe I need to order some goods from Tesco for delivery and get the Mrs to keep the driver chatting! :D

As always your advice and information is appreciated.

Cheers

G :)

Only buy the original Perei branded NAS lights, they are more expensive but are far superior.

The cheap ones are made by Wipac to their usual low standard. Poor water sealing and electrical connections that dismantle themselves as you push the plug onto the back of the light being my main gripes.

I had the Perei version on my last 90 for 7 years without a single problem of any kind which is more than can be said for the current Wipac set on current 90.

You get what you pay for, I'm afraid.

HTH

Mo

The Le Perei lights may be OE but they are still not without their problems.

I fitted mine about 9-years ago when they first came popular and a couple had to be replaced after 5-6 years due to the lenses crazing and a couple of others suffered corroded bulb-holders (not a problem as these are available as a separate part very cheaply). Other than that they have been fine as have a couple of Wipac ones I picked up when I changed from amber to clear front indicators.

You could use this as a chance to change to twin fog & reversing, a very worthwhile modification also using NAS lights.

The Le Perei full LED NAS lights are also very nice (these are also marketed by Bearmach), I fitted a set of these recently and they are excellent but more expensive.

Plinths are required and it is up to you whether you go for the easy fit RDX ones or the originals which require bodywork modifications for a tidy fit. I prefer the original type but that is my personal preference.

If anybody wants some wipac NAS style lights I have two indicators and two brake/tail lights going spare. Not sure if they have bulbs in and they might need a clean, but otherwise they're good.

Will probably have sidelights, more indicators and a couple more brake lights once my defender is no longer lit up like the Eiffel tower, if anybody is interested.. Free to a good home..

If anybody wants some wipac NAS style lights I have two indicators and two brake/tail lights going spare. Not sure if they have bulbs in and they might need a clean, but otherwise they're good.

Will probably have sidelights, more indicators and a couple more brake lights once my defender is no longer lit up like the Eiffel tower, if anybody is interested.. Free to a good home..

Yes please, Disty. Will drop you a PM.

Cheers

Adrian