Pain in the BUTT newbie question again

Sorry to do this as I can appreciate it must get some what tedious at times with us new guys askin the same old questions, but I can assure you I at least am very grateful to those that take the time to respond :D

So now for the umpteenth time (I'm guessing) it's the old question about radio wiring :huh:

The muppet that had the Landy before me put in a JVC CD/radio, that was ok till he decided to wire it in to god only knows what :ph34r: . He has put in a switch that you have to flick before the CD/radio works and then re-tune the stations every time! Apparently if you don't throw the switch again when you switch the CD/radio off the CD player keeps spinning and eventually drains the battery :angry:

I have obtained a land rover CD/radio from a 2003 Freelander and would like to fit this in my 300tdi (1995) Defender, the correct way :) . So any links or diagrams on wiring and what to do would be of great help.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and help out.

Haynes green book has wiring diagrams for all models I think.

There should be a dedicated part of the loom for a radio off the top of my head, although I found mine wired into the power for the cigarette lighter, look a mess so I removed it.

you can buy the ISO connectors with a tail of wire on for pence on ebay, if you look the wires are usually labelled, you just need a permanent live feed, an ignition switched live, an earth and then your speaker wires. I have both male and female connectors in mine just to future proof it!

Mike

Thanks guys used a bit of all your ideas in the end, got an ISO connector then using the diagram tried to unscramble the previous muppets attempt at wiring! So the new CD/Radio is in and working fine now, just got to remove the splinters from scratching my head on a couple of occasions. Cheers