Leaking Swivl Seal

The nearside swivel seal on my '02 110 is leaking. The fluid coming out seems to be a mix of grease and oil. I assume this means that oil is finding its way from the axle. Is this at all likely, or have my diagnostic skills failed me again?

I believe the part number for the swivel seal is FTC3401, is that right? What other parts will I need and what are their numbers?

All help gratefully received!

Thanks,

Phil.

ah in that case i would change the seal in the swivel ball/axle aswel as its not an expensive part

Swivel housing gasket - FTC3646

swivel seal - FTC3401G

inner gasket swivel housing - FRC4206

swivel grease - STC3435GEN

halfshaft seal - FTC3276G

think that covers everything ;)

ah in that case i would change the seal in the swivel ball/axle aswel as its not an expensive part

swivel seal - FTC3401G

I'm at the same job on a 1999 defender td5 110 but the swivel housing itself is pitted and needs to be replaced can you help me with a part number please. I found frc7065p but I'm not sure this is for a 300 tdi or my td5

Thanks, that's very helpful! All I need now is some dry weather.

Can you sort that too?

:rolleyes:

swivel seal - FTC3401G

I'm at the same job on a 1999 defender td5 110 but the swivel housing itself is pitted and needs to be replaced can you help me with a part number please. I found frc7065p but I'm not sure this is for a 300 tdi or my td5

The swivel ball part number is dictated by the axle prefix 10M, 11M, 12M, 13M, 14M, 15M, 16M, 17M, - all being part number TIR100000. 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L - all being part number FTC5105. 61L, 62L, 63L, 64L - all being part number FRC7065.

Les.

The swivel ball part number is dictated by the axle prefix 10M, 11M, 12M, 13M, 14M, 15M, 16M, 17M, - all being part number TIR100000. 20L, 21L, 22L, 23L - all being part number FTC5105. 61L, 62L, 63L, 64L - all being part number FRC7065.

Les.

Thanks for that Les. I had just found that part number on Paddocks site but was not sure if it was what I needed.