Are you going to Newbury this weekend?

roguevogue

If you are going to the Newbury sortout this weekend then please keep a look out for my stolen wheels and tyres.

Wheels are black powder coated steel six stud wheels with bright plated beadlock rings.

DSCN1211.jpg

Tyres are Fedima Sirocco 35 10.50 16 which are quite well rock damaged but not overly worn having not been used on road.

n667984881_2534989_2780178.jpg

Any help would be great.

Wheels are black powder coated steel six stud wheels with bright plated beadlock rings.

DSCN1211.jpg

Those wheels should be fairly easy to spot as they are new and do not fit a Landrover.

...I see they are covered in prints already. :)

Chris

If anyone sees tyres they suspect, I realise it is hard to tell definitively that they are mine, however there are a couple of definite identifiers which I can describe on the phone, not least that they have the marks from the beadlock bolts on the bead.

I'll be there keeping an eye out. I've stuck a copy of the photo on my phone as a reminder, though they are nice and distinctive. Someone mentioned to me that probably a good 80-90% of the second had stuff is stolen or off stolen vehicles.

I'll be there keeping an eye out. I've stuck a copy of the photo on my phone as a reminder, though they are nice and distinctive. Someone mentioned to me that probably a good 80-90% of the second had stuff is stolen or off stolen vehicles.

I think we are all aware that a lot of landrover stuff on ebay and autojumbles is dodgy - in that case not purchasing anything would be the best course of action and moraly right?

I would have thought 80-90% was a bit high surely? :huh:

Maybe a little high (I was likely thinking about something else at the time as I was at work), but probably not far off. Obviously there are many legitimate breakers out there, but there are a lot of older Defenders getting nicked which, due to their age, are unlikely to be destined for other shores, so they must be going somewhere.

@Zuz, I think it's all down to each individual's internal moral-meter. If I think something is dodgy, I'm not touching it.

But this is getting O/T for this thread so I'll say no more.