How to wire in a fuel guage on 2nd tank

So I am adding a 2nd tank to the Disco and I have a proper float/sender thingy for the tank which has 3 wires (red and yellow to the float bit, and black for earth). I also have a smiths standard gauge as fitted to many 1970's BLs triumphs etc. This has 2 insulated terminals on the back. Can anyone draw me up a simple circuit diagram for how I could wire this up as a stand alone system. I don't need a back light or anything like that (seems to be a push in fitting for that anyway), just simple movement of the needle relative to the float and how to get power into the system.

Thanks in advance

Mark

On the sender, one wire is ground. One is for the level signal and one is for the low fuel warning light. On the gauges, usually one is for 12V power (switched) and the other for the level signal. Ground is usually through the casing mounts.

The range of the sender must match the gauge. There are a lot of ranges and you cannot just grab any gauge and use it with any sender.

Cheers, I think i have it sorted now having had the same advice from another source. A bit of backgournd reading would seem to suggest that there was a period in the late 60's to some time in the 80s when (in Europe at least) senders and gauges were pretty standardised in their ranges. And in fact the sender and guage I have appear to work perfectly together.

Thanks again

Mark