gas or standard shock absorbers

iv got a defender 110 im building. i want it standard height, but cant decide on shocks. what will the gas shocks do that the standard ones wont.

it will be offroading 50% of the time and on the road the other 50%. so what do you all recommend.???

standard height suspension

265/75/16 tyres

td5

cheers

chris

i'm also interested in opinion on this topic.

my 90 is also standard and i want to keep it standard hight but i need to replace the rear shocks [MOT advisory].

i was thinking standard - but what is standard?

cheers

I have just had a set of terafirrma medium duty shocks and springs fitted all round on my 110 the came as a deal for the set of four and nearley as cheap as just the fronts, I have been driving on them for a couple of thousand miles at the moment and am really happy with them. I do 2/3 road and 1/3 off road about 20k a year.

It has given the landy a slight lift but nothing when loaded.

Jason.

I have just had a set of terafirrma medium duty shocks and springs fitted all round on my 110 the came as a deal for the set of four and nearley as cheap as just the fronts, I have been driving on them for a couple of thousand miles at the moment and am really happy with them. I do 2/3 road and 1/3 off road about 20k a year.

It has given the landy a slight lift but nothing when loaded.

Jason.

Sorry for jacking the thread but You say Medium Duty Shocks and Springs from Terrafirma.

But when I asked, Terrafirma replyed that they only have springs with 2" of lift.

I would really nead som help as my shocks are gone and the front springs have saged on my 2003 110.

But I cant make my mind on what to go for. The only thing I decided on is that I dont want any lift or maybe a little..... :lol:

Is it possible to get new Springs from TF without lift and who was Your supplyer please.

Regards

M

Sorry for jacking the thread but You say Medium Duty Shocks and Springs from Terrafirma.

But when I asked, Terrafirma replyed that they only have springs with 2" of lift.

I would really nead som help as my shocks are gone and the front springs have saged on my 2003 110.

But I cant make my mind on what to go for. The only thing I decided on is that I dont want any lift or maybe a little..... laugh.gif

Is it possible to get new Springs from TF without lift and who was Your supplyer please.

Regards

M

I got them from the chap who sorts out my Landy, I will ask him and see if I can find out.

Jason.

Nothing wrong with genuine items except this:

1 Buy genuine here in Scandinavia equals VERY EXPENSIVE

2 Try to make a LR dealer in UK sending genuine items is very hard. They dont even bother replying my emails.

3 Ebay and other brittish web shops are very cheap and user friendly.

If someone knows of a brittish web shop selling genuine LR parts and also sends to Europe please let me know.

Regards

M

• 10 years later...