parking censors

negativepitch

I have put on a rear bumper protection bar on my 3 door 06 sport,

the only problem is, it blocks the two middle reversing censors,

I realy like the look of it on the car,

I have a friend next door that works for the RAF, and could could get the bar drilled,

so that I could re-mount the two middle censors into the bar,

would this work ? and how easy it to remove the two middle censors from the car in the first place,

cheers for any advice,

the bar looks like the one in the pic (freelander 2)but it sits up higher covering the middle censors.

3703_12.JPG

Pardon my stupidity, but how does that block the 2 middle sensors, it is below them? (and how does it protect the bumper if it is further back than it?)

I doubt you would be able to move them easily as it would mean extending the wiring to make it external, plus by drilling the bat you will break the chrome layer, leaving it open to rust very quickly.

as I said, this image is of a freelander two just to give a rough idea.

mine goes much higher up, so sits right infront and up against the sensors,

I had already planned to extend the wiring to do it,

and the bar on mine is polished stainless not chromed :)

Perhaps it's me, but why post a photo of something that is completely different to the question being asked?? Why not take a picture of yours so we can actually see what the problem is??

Anyway, if you think that you can extend the wiring and drill the stainless steel bar, the I would say try it. The only thing I foresee is that the outer 2 sensors are going to pick up the presence of the bar!!

Perhaps it's me, but why post a photo of something that is completely different to the question being asked?? Why not take a picture of yours so we can actually see what the problem is??

Anyway, if you think that you can extend the wiring and drill the stainless steel bar, the I would say try it. The only thing I foresee is that the outer 2 sensors are going to pick up the presence of the bar!!

Think this is the bar negativepitch is talking about.

post-15037-127100383934_thumb.jpg

Why not take a picture of yours so we can actually see

as I tried to say, the image was just to give an idea, as I couldnt find the original site or add I bought it from,

I also dont own any form of digital camera, as I still go by good old 35mm...I also dont own a mobile phone believe it or not, as in an old life I used to sell them and got fed up with it all....

Think this is the bar negativepitch is talking about

cheers matey..that looks like the bugger :)

Perhaps it's me, but why post a photo

I joined in the hope of getting some help with a vehicle I know nothing about, as I am noramly into the aircooled VW scene, not to get criticised in an open forum about the post,

if you cant help with the problem why take the time to reply ?,

Especially to a newB to the scene.