Xenon HID Conversion Kits

tuko

It seems that the hype these days is to convert halogen spots with these new fangled Xenon HID conversion kits that are readably avail all over the place. Let me clear the air directly, I'm NOT talking about illegally converting my standard headlights with the Bi-Xenon HID Kits or the likes, strictly the spots. ;)

The lower power consumption of just 35 Watts for light output that's anywheres between 2 to 3 times that of standard halogen is appealing to many including myself. I know of just one other Land Rover owner who has converted his spots with these Xenon lamps and he's very pleased. Is there anybody else here that's done this conversion? What is your opinion? Waste of money or worth it?

I've been looking at these at eBlag: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/35W-HID-XENON-SLIM-BALLAST-KIT-2-Bulb-4-3K-5K-6K-8K-10K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b0d67164QQitemZ170470568292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Would like to convert the Bosch 225 Big Knick's that I have. :unsure:

Opinions <_<

Todd.

I did it to my front spots, worked very well I have however removed them now as had problems with water getting in the ballast, and the grill pushing the spots in the air as they are attached to the a bar. I have just got a stainless grill and will make the balasts water proof and refit them they made a stunning diffrence well worth it.

Regards, Jason.

I have a set of those also in my spots, very good otherwise, but when first time switching on takes a long time to become bright, and again if you switch them of for few minutes, they are slow again. That´s because they don´t have any currency preload like the factory ones. Well, cheap and bright and easy to install...

How about xljus in Ringarum? Ad in the latest issue of Rover Land - 695 Swedish pesetas. I bought a pair of bulbs off him to get rid of the blue light I had in my converted NBBs. 4300 K is what you want to get the best white light.

How about xljus in Ringarum? Ad in the latest issue of Rover Land - 695 Swedish pesetas. I bought a pair of bulbs off him to get rid of the blue light I had in my converted NBBs. 4300 K is what you want to get the best white light.

I saw that to, but at 370 Swedish pesetas delivered to the door, I ordered those from eBlag today. ;)

Yes, I specified 4300K lamps.

Todd.