110 harsh ride

Hi, I have a 110 sw with a load leveling rear axle, but no load leveler. The ride when 'empty' is extreamly harsh, when going over a bump in the road it's like being kicked from behind. Having looked at the rear springs the only paint I can see is red/red. Fully loaded the 110 is quite well behaved, any ideas?

thanks

Richard

Hi, I have a 110 sw with a load leveling rear axle, but no load leveler. The ride when 'empty' is extreamly harsh, when going over a bump in the road it's like being kicked from behind. Having looked at the rear springs the only paint I can see is red/red. Fully loaded the 110 is quite well behaved, any ideas?

thanks

Richard

Hmmm, sounds about right :P Do you have any experience of other Landys, for comparison? Is it worse than these? The unladen ride of all stock defenders, 90/110 etc. (and SIII, SII, etc.) is best described as "firm"!

• 1 month later...

The ride when 'empty' is extreamly harsh, when going over a bump in the road it's like being kicked from behind. ...any ideas?

:blush: New shock absorbers sorted out the ride, the 110 did have an 11 month mot when I baught it but it seems the O/S shock didn't have any in it oil at all..... :blush: