Are TD5 and 300Tdi rear tailgate windows the same?

i dont know for sure....but i do know that i replaced my tdi door with a TD5 one - but it was far from succesfull....

im looking to re-replace with a donor tdi door as soon as i can find a decent one at the right price...and local'ish'...

In my opinion, despite some other opinions, the door shape is slightly different - more concaved and ill fitting to the body in general. And, a lot of engineering is needed to make the latch mechanism succesfully integrate with the TDI body catch - which i havent done :( - i have to crawl over the back seats to get in the boot...

this may partly answer your question..

i would say no at a guess but the glass and door are 2 different things..

Rich

i dont know for sure....but i do know that i replaced my tdi door with a TD5 one - but it was far from succesfull....

im looking to re-replace with a donor tdi door as soon as i can find a decent one at the right price...and local'ish'...

Rich

And Im looking for a td5 one,

I have a tdi one here.

swap?

And Im looking for a td5 one,

I have a tdi one here.

swap?

i have a td5 one in my shed with brake light fittings if it's any good to you? kept it for my 300 but if it doesn't fit then i'll just bin it.

has a couple of spark marks in it but not bad enough to warrant a change.

am going to otley just north of leeds at the end of may to go on holiday so may be able to fit it in but can't guarantee that until the day before i travel with all luggage fitted in.

• 8 years later...

old topic - but does anyone have definite evidence of swapability. I see various aftermarket suppliers quote same part no for the two seals but is the glass def the same size between d1 and d2? 

Edited by joe1
spell checker