D2 Td5

LR NUT

Hi everyone,

MY TD5 (04/05) has seemend to have developed a squeaking noise coming from the rear passanger side wheel. The noise is sometimes heard at a low speed (6mph) or even whilst town driving. However whilst towing the noise seems to get a bit louder and again occurs mostly at the same speeds and when turning left or right! (The squeaking is never constantly heard)

any ideas what to check

cheers ;)

Hi LR NUT

i would jack the rear of the car up and check for play in the rear wheel bearings or take it to your landy man to get it checked out, it could be noisy brakes but with you saying it goes away when you turn a corner tells me its wheel bearing related.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

97 d1 300 tdi man.

Hi LR NUT

i would jack the rear of the car up and check for play in the rear wheel bearings or take it to your landy man to get it checked out, it could be noisy brakes but with you saying it goes away when you turn a corner tells me its wheel bearing related.

graham

03 d2 td5 auto e.s.

97 d1 300 tdi man.

Hi kingdong2

sorry maybe my post wasnt clear but the noise is more evident when turning with a trailer, Also I will be checking the wheel for play when I return from work today, as was going to do it last night but the weather was horrible

cheers

Hi everyone,

MY TD5 (04/05) has seemend to have developed a squeaking noise coming from the rear passanger side wheel. The noise is sometimes heard at a low speed (6mph) or even whilst town driving. However whilst towing the noise seems to get a bit louder and again occurs mostly at the same speeds and when turning left or right! (The squeaking is never constantly heard)

any ideas what to check

cheers ;)

Hi Guys

Jacked up the disco this morning and had the wheel off. After spinning the wheel every rotation at a centre point I could here the squeaking / rubbing noise coming from the handbrake drum plate located centre of the vehicle. Does anyone else have this problem and is it a normal occurance? (Originally I thought the noise was coming from the rear wheel when driving the car, but its not the wheel)I have attached a pic of where the noise is coming from.

cheers

LR NUT

post-15037-127159733315_thumb.jpg

post-15037-127159741628_thumb.jpg