centre bearings

nomis21

Hi in the process of changing the vcu centre bearings, i have managed to get the rear one off but the front one is not budging any tips?

Also when i fit the new ones, how exactly do they fit? Is it as easily as to push them onto the vcu splines or has anyone got any hints as they seem to be a tight fit....

Thanks

Hi in the process of changing the vcu centre bearings, i have managed to get the rear one off but the front one is not budging any tips?

Also when i fit the new ones, how exactly do they fit? Is it as easily as to push them onto the vcu splines or has anyone got any hints as they seem to be a tight fit....

Thanks

Just done the bearings this weekend. Went fairly smoothly though did need a puller to shift the old bearings off the VCU although the manual method of hammer and couple blocks of wood would probably do just as well.

Putting the new bearings on is easy, clean the faces well and grease up you should have no problems.

mike