Roof color

Hello there,

I'm very glad with my Def'07 SW110. Unless I need to find an underground parking, I think it's the best car ever! ;)

When I got it, it was brand-new, the first one available where I lived. To have the privilege to get one, I had to accept the pre-ordered specs, i.e. winternization. Really good indeed. Tyres have never been changed even during such snowy winter we had, heating seats are precious when it's -20°, the car is great. BUT, and there is a but, the roof is not white...

Somehow, I still believe a Defender's roof ought to be white. What do you think?

My 110 is black and would look stupid with a white roof IMHO, saying that I like the white roof on clasic series 3's etc. I will only add bits to it if they are black, e.g. roof rack or silver to match the wheels, which seems to keep a strong look.

Jason.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I see there is no rule...

I'm planning to go to Spain this summer and a white roof might be handy there. I thought of painting the roof with some chalk-based water paint, and then cover it with a rubber spray (the stuff supposedly to spray before getting muddy). What do you think?

I think if you are going to paint the roof, then you should paint it properly HTH :)

Mo

Of course. This would be just for one trip, in the heart of summer, in the south of Spain (+40°c easy).

Anybody already painted its roof in white?

Black with white roof looks amazing, but remember "white" is subjective. :)

Anything from a very light creme to a light sliver works as white, the #1 reason to go white or silver is the lack of aircon in most Defenders. I really wanted black, but given our climate I'd probably end up cooking alive without aircon, so Zermatt silver is is.

Black with white roof looks amazing, but remember "white" is subjective. :)

Anything from a very light creme to a light sliver works as white, the #1 reason to go white or silver is the lack of aircon in most Defenders. I really wanted black, but given our climate I'd probably end up cooking alive without aircon, so Zermatt silver is is.

Has anyone on here actually found a difference in internal temperature in their defender because of the roof colour though?

I wouldnt of thought myself that it would make that much difference. :unsure:

The degree of difference will depend on a few factors. Having a full length headliner makes the most difference, if not then you're going to get a lot more heat from a dark roof. Just stick your hand on a white car and then a black one to see how much heat-source difference there is.

The Safari roof is incredibly effective, ever seen one in black? :)