Not really LR related but...

Andy

im worried im getting old or sensible as i was standing in my kitchen earlier & thought that just maybe i shouldnt have a blown LT77 next to fridge.

will i recover from these thoughts or is it the end of my yoof?

You are quite correct - it shouldn't be next to the fridge!! It should be spread around the kitchen with various different parts in different states of cleanliness and a sink full of degreaser!!

I've been having these twinges too

could any one of the forum offer counseling as I am about to reach 29 and I to fear getting old to

I had the thought of clearing all the parts that are spread round the garden into one shed. Even my wife asked if I was feeling OK

I have been staking tyres in make and size categories and everything. :o its already happening isn't it

I've been having these twinges too

could any one of the forum offer counseling as I am about to reach 29 and I to fear getting old to

I had the thought of clearing all the parts that are spread round the garden into one shed. Even my wife asked if I was feeling OK

I have been staking tyres in make and size categories and everything. :o its already happening isn't it

don't say that, I've only got five years till it happens then :blink: quite happy with a Series Transfer case, most of a motorbike and numerous other parts scattered around my bedroom :rolleyes:

Jules,

Stop now... I'd already done a stock take of spares (seals / brgs / bits) etc and sorted it all in Excel before I realised! :P

Jules,

Stop now... I'd already done a stock take of spares (seals / brgs / bits) etc and sorted it all in Excel before I realised! :P

Wow thats a good idea

Aaarrrrrrara :o

What am I thinking :unsure:

With regards to having L/R bits in the house, you have to take in the 'sandbag factor'. If you don't have that rather cumbersome item, then you are home free. My only rule with regards to L/R bits about the house is that they are clean. I can do a full 360dg in my living room, and there will always be several bits for catflap in my view. In fact, you could only sit on the sofa at present because blingy bits for catflap are occupying the two armchairs. The book case is loaded with gaskets and workshop manuals. The tv/dvd/video unit has (apart from those items) Various seals, a box each of metric and imperial male/female brake pipe fittings, a box of new pistons, a large tin containing all the required parts to rebuild two front hubs, 5xseries TRE's, 4x new auto-retract seatbelt mechanisms (Honda), and a box of bits that never have a specific box to be in.

Telephone table has the forum stickers on, and there are various bits and pieces that are all Land Rover - related on the remaining surfaces. The coffee table is almost completely covered by 'pending' items, such as the military lights I recently bought, a starter solenoid, and bills that'll have to wait. Until Sunday last - there was also both wings and bonnet for catflap, painted and awaiting fitting of aforementioned military lights and halogen conversion, then a few hours of polishing. Now just the one wing which I finished at around 3 this morning. I have a new kitchen being fitted on 15th, so not much in there - 2 x wolf tops and snorkel for catflap, lamp guards, polishing equipment to vastly improve my carp paint jobs, back issues from No1 of L*E, 2 x Jerry cans (empty). There's stuff in one of the spare rooms upstairs, but everything else is on the drive (catflap and 1 x 1967 S2A) - the back garden can best be described as a small Land Rovers breakers yard (who doesn't ever sell anything). I have a 3m x 2m gazebo that has bits in it, and at the bottom of the garden I have a 7mL x 2mH x 3mD shed/workshop.

No real L/R bits on my PC desk apart from various stickers. I do have a rather splendid hand-finished bone china figurine of a bald eagle on a mahogany base that I paid a rather large amount of money for and another figurine of a mother and baby elephant. Erm - I also have a fluffy Hippo! :D

Les. :)

I had a simple solution. I just built a garage about the same size as my house (which isn't all that big). So I have space for everything and cannot be accused of discriminating between automotive and domestic requirements :D

Except I hadn't planned on buying a boat so now I need another, bigger, shed to work on that in :(

The female part of me applies the "Bin bag rule".....

any thing that doesnt belong (or lives on the floor for more than 2 weeks) and is in the way when i wish to hoover..... goes in the bin bag!

The landrover owner part of me.... then goes through said bin bag and tucks things away in corners( behind the sofa) to gather dust and be forgotten about and then rebrought only to be found again when said replacement has been brought and the urge to "bin bag" starts again!!

LOL!

You all make me feel very tidy... :blink:

I've got a garage full of assorted bits of range rover, two range rovers on the drive (one I'm breaking, one I'm driving). There are left over bits of Megasquirt in the spare room, along with lots of printout of wiring diagrams and the like, and a load more bits of range rover in the loft. At the moment the only LR bit in the living room is a package on the dining table waiting to be sent off to an eBayer, but the workshop manuals do live on the phone shelf where they're nice and handy. My lodger's bike is getting in the way in the hall because there's no room for it in the garage.

The only junk out the back are four wheels and tyres hidden round the side of the house - oh, and the old oil is in the shed because the EP90 was stinking the house out :)

Of course there's plenty of non-landrover mess as well, and my lodger isn't any tidier than I am...