Brake Conversion parts

Hey,

I have a 110CSW and the brakes are beginning to die, So I am modifying a heavy duty Salisbury to take discs and the front callipers to take vented discs.

I realise the rear is mostly buying standard parts except the spacer for the calliper bracket, can I buy one of these from someone? Or will I need to fabricate my own? I'm not adverse to it, but would prefer a bolt on job, as I do not have much time these days!

Also with the fronts, I have seen you can just split the calliper and put a spacer in to take the vented discs, anything else? Where can I get these spacers?

I had thought about Zeuz Engineering, but they seem to have gone quiet, are they still trading?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Not sure where you'd get the spacer from to do the vented conversion but when I changed over to vented callipers on the front I bought new ones from craddocks at £75.00 + vat each, and the bracket to do the rear callipers for I've seen at a few shows about £20-30 each from what I remember

Right ok, I can't remember off hand as the landy is not with me, is the brake fluid fed through the calliper to the other side or routed around via a external brake pipe? Trying to work out whether it's a case of just grinding a piece of metal to the right size and slotting it in, or if brake fluid needs to flow through the spacer.

Has anyone had a bash at making some?

I have seen conversion kits around in the mags previously, but i cant seem to find them any more. The brake fluid flows thru the spacer, hence the requirement for the o-rings ralph mentioned. Might be easier to keep your eyes on ebay for a set.

I'm converting a rear salisbury to disks at the moment. I've decided to buy the correct disk rear stub axles (they're about £25 each), which will hopefully ensure i dont need to fit the spacer to the caliper bracket and it will all look factory. I guess this is dependant on the axle case being the same length on disk and drum models though!

Right ok, I can't remember off hand as the landy is not with me, is the brake fluid fed through the calliper to the other side or routed around via a external brake pipe? Trying to work out whether it's a case of just grinding a piece of metal to the right size and slotting it in, or if brake fluid needs to flow through the spacer.

Has anyone had a bash at making some?

fluid pressure via internal galleries hence the fluid seals in each caliper half.

I have seen conversion kits around in the mags previously, but i cant seem to find them any more. The brake fluid flows thru the spacer, hence the requirement for the o-rings ralph mentioned. Might be easier to keep your eyes on ebay for a set.

I'm converting a rear salisbury to disks at the moment. I've decided to buy the correct disk rear stub axles (they're about £25 each), which will hopefully ensure i dont need to fit the spacer to the caliper bracket and it will all look factory. I guess this is dependant on the axle case being the same length on disk and drum models though!

If you do that you'll probably need to fit the later axles and drive members to allow for the narrow bearing spacing of the later hubs.

I suggest you do a trial assembly of what you've got first because you may not need any spacers - I didn't:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=50806&st=0&p=463173&fromsearch=1entry463173

Knowing the callipers propensity for corrosion and the difficulty of successfully replacing the outer seals and since you don't have a lot of spare time, and unless your front callipers are in very good condition; I would replace them whole.

Roger