200Tdi Temp Gauge

rich90

Hi

Just bought a 200tdi disco. The temp gauge sits at at the quarter mark when fully warmed up, is this correct? Every car I have owned, the gauge has sat around the halfway mark.

Thanks

Rich

Hi

Halfway or just under half is normal.

Replace the thermostat and the temp sender and see how you go from there.

If you have a viscious fan check to see of its not seized an running flat out all the time.

wizard

Hi

Just bought a 200tdi disco. The temp gauge sits at at the quarter mark when fully warmed up, is this correct? Every car I have owned, the gauge has sat around the halfway mark.

Thanks

Rich

Giday Rich,

I have a 95 Disco TDi & in my opinion the gauge only has 3 positions.[ Cold, medium & too hot]. I have installed a digital thermometer & have found the cylinder head temp to rise above 85c without the gauge moving off the halfway mark. If you are interested I can explain how to install gauges at a reasonable price. :)

Regards,

Michael

I used the Auberins gauges on this link.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=19&zenid=1d96cd781103e9262216d1d7117b5b01

They are programmable to various parameters. I have 2 sensors attached to 1 meter - Engine temperature & turbo boost. [ It is not possible to monitor both at the same time. I reset the parameters when I need to check turbo boost]. I also use the same type of meter to monitor EGT. Very important if you are towing or adjusting the fueling.

This is the temp sensor I used - http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=126

It is an oil/ water tank sensor & I bolted it to the back of the head [ there is a bracket bolt on the R/H rear]

I removed the 2 centre switches below the clock [ 95 Disco] & neatly cut out some of the surround. There is enough depth to fit the gauges.

The finished job looks great & they are easy to read.

I can recommend this company, they replied to emails promptly & delivery within a week. I think I found them on this forum.

Sorry these instructions are a bit brief as I have to go out shortly. Let me know if you need more detail.

I have just returned from a trip towing a small van & was very pleased I had these gauges fitted.

Good luck

Michael