The Clubman Challenge Round 2

Take the M56 to Chester.

At Junction 15, follow the M53 / A55 signs

At junction 36 on the A55, turn left onto the A483

Take the A483 to Wrexham (now in Wales, caution: sheep!)

Turn right at junction 4 onto the A525 to Rhuthin. (If you get to the big coal tip on the left, you've gone too far!!)

Follow this road all the way up the hill, into the 30 limit (CAUTION: Speed Camera), go all the way through Coedpoeth village, bear left after the Village Bakery (just in the 60 limit), follow this road (B5430) until the crossroads (pub on left - Moors Inn).

Go straight over, and take the second right (signposted: Nant Y Ffrith)

(If you get to a crossroads with traffic lights, turn around)

Follow this little tiny road, taking NO turnings, and then you will find the entry gate at a signposted dead end. This is the entry to Nant Y Ffrith forest.

Nick,

Does the above send everybody in through four crosses? as Rob told me the back lanes are lethal with a trailer if its wet.!!!

Matt: yes they do. The quick way will be tricky to say the least with a trailer.

Have been clearing the access to the camping this evening with Daf, Ian and incredibly excited 5 year year old running around waving my folding saw at all the trees that he wants to cut down. (the 5 year old that is...)

It's going to require another visit at least, especially to clear the camp site itself!!!

Man, it's a jungle in there...... :D

Matt: yes they do. The quick way will be tricky to say the least with a trailer.

Have been clearing the access to the camping this evening with Daf, Ian and incredibly excited 5 year year old running around waving my folding saw at all the trees that he wants to cut down. (the 5 year old that is...)

It's going to require another visit at least, especially to clear the camp site itself!!!

Man, it's a jungle in there...... :D

Thanks Guys, I would have said the road was a bigger job than the camping area. the camping area only wants a few twig type things taking out of the middle dosent it? Do what you think though.

Yeh and were on the entry list, team 19 i think. Looking forward to it.

Jon

Ok thanks problem solved I was looking out for a Cheshire Land Rover Club entry, I went to great lengths to get the invited club list to have Cheshire Land Rover Club on it and you are members of Midland who are already on the list :blink: oh well never mind, you are on the list anyway now. :):)

Ok thanks problem solved I was looking out for a Cheshire Land Rover Club entry, I went to great lengths to get the invited club list to have Cheshire Land Rover Club on it and you are members of Midland who are already on the list :blink: oh well never mind, you are on the list anyway now. :):)

We'r doing a couple off lrs rounds as well, and thought we'd use that membership as it was on your list.

any suggestions for footwear for this round? rugby boots, football boots, walking boots?

discovered last time out that walking boots dont work well in waist deep clay carp........

also matt....... my names wrong on the entry list again ;)

best option is aparentally rugby boots because they have ankle support and the studs and to gaffertape your trousers to the top of the boots.

not my preference but know alot of people who do well with this set up

any suggestions for footwear for this round? rugby boots, football boots, walking boots?

discovered last time out that walking boots dont work well in waist deep clay carp........

also matt....... my names wrong on the entry list again ;)

Changed it ages ago must have deleted the wrong list last time I updated sorry Mike

it will be pine needles lots of them and soft soil underfoot this time