The Clubman Challenge Round 2

Matt,

I might be able to make it... Is it too late to enter ? I'd have to let you know late tomorrow / saturday. It depends on if i can get my new engine happy :)

If so, can you email me the details :) - gordon@teamdumzim.co.uk

Cheers

Gordon

Matt,

I might be able to make it... Is it too late to enter ? I'd have to let you know late tomorrow / saturday. It depends on if i can get my new engine happy :)

If so, can you email me the details :) - gordon@teamdumzim.co.uk

Cheers

Gordon

No problem Gordon it would be good to see you again. I will be at the site from mid afternoon.I will be able to pick up my emails subject to service. Tell you what if your there sunday morning at the start excellant, if not we will take it your are still trying to make the engine happy. Whats up with it mate we have a number of experts who may be able to help we have 4 cylinder TD5 expert, 8 7 cylinder V8 expert, a hydrolic winch expert,an alround competition builder. a plant fitter/engineer etc. bring it to the event and put the bonnet up then fight your way through the crowd that has gathered and wait for them to tell you whats wrong with it ;)

I will email you the details now :):)

LOL !

it's all in and running, but just needs 'tuning'. i've not had it out for a proper run yet.

4.2 v8 running on megasquirt with a few extras inside (cam, chain etc)

no hydraulic pump yet, thats a job for tomorrow...

G

p.s. how much is entry ?

Many thanks for the great feedback we got from you all at Nant Y Ffrith today, thank you to all of you that attended and supported round 2. Its a pleasure to put on the events for such a great bunch of drivers and winch man. Thank you also to all our marshals and officials who with out there help the events just wouldn't be possible. we look forward to seeing you all after the break at our next round in October. We look forward to seeing you all then.

As promised the results for round 2 at Nant y Ffrith can be found on the following link to The Clubman Challenge wesbite and clik on round 2 reults Round 2 Results

Many thanks to Matt and team for putting on a good event at a site that has not seen a winch since 2006....

Nice to drive on terrain that has not been played to death, and will not be touched again until next year. Big site, and I don't expect to drive on any of the areas used today next time!!

And thanks also to Baggy & crew for the BBQ.

Many thanks to Matt and team for putting on a good event at a site that has not seen a winch since 2006....

Nice to drive on terrain that has not been played to death, and will not be touched again until next year. Big site, and I don't expect to drive on any of the areas used today next time!!

And thanks also to Baggy & crew for the BBQ.

Thanks. Nick, no we will have looked at the other bit ready for next time,although there is plenty that we never used also in the area we used this time :):):)

Many thanks for the great feedback we got from you all at Nant Y Ffrith today, thank you to all of you that attended and supported round 2. Its a pleasure to put on the events for such a great bunch of drivers and winch man. Thank you also to all our marshals and officials who with out there help the events just wouldn't be possible. we look forward to seeing you all after the break at our next round in October. We look forward to seeing you all then.

As promised the results for round 2 at Nant y Ffrith can be found on the following link to The Clubman Challenge wesbite and clik on round 2 reults Round 2 Results

Anyone got any pictures??

I was struggling all day getting grip and put it down to the old Simex's I'm running (didn't have time to change em'), then at 2.30 found out the centre diff was not engaging and i had done the full day in 2WD,

But a cracking site, bit risky in places and parking was not good, but good day and superb weather, lost my bottle a bit on punch 13 when the rope broke 3 times on a horrible long risky punch and all I could see was 13, bit like the Omen.

Great day thanks to all concerned. smile.gif

Thanks Matt, Barny and all the marshalls great event and a super site but like Twiggy said the camping and parking could do with being a bit bigger can't do Corwen but will see you all at Mow cop in October :)

had a great day , loved the site , wanted to drive it for some time now :D

been back in this morning to finish tidying up , why did you need so may logs for the fire :rolleyes::rolleyes: took 2 trips to return them :P

thanks to matt and team for the lay out , thing it worked well , acctally some driving involved , more of the same next time please :)

It was an excellent event - Alan and I throughly enjoyed it, even if we were the only class 3 motor. Thanks to all of the organisers - and everyone else who made us feel very welcone.

For those of you who saw me hobbling around with my twisted ankle - its just been x-rayed and is broken. So I'm now in plaster and on crutches :( Still i maaned to walk on it for 48 hours :blink:

For those of you who saw me hobbling around with my twisted ankle - its just been x-rayed and is broken. So I'm now in plaster and on crutches :( Still i maaned to walk on it for 48 hours :blink:

WOW , i seen you hobbling around but as i had never met you before i thought you may have an artificial lim or some thing so didnt want to be rude and ask waht was up :)

at least it will be healed by round 3

It was an excellent event - Alan and I throughly enjoyed it, even if we were the only class 3 motor. Thanks to all of the organisers - and everyone else who made us feel very welcone.

Sorry I wasn't more sympathetic at the fire.

I hope its better soon :rolleyes:

thanks for a brilliant day despite not actually managing to get going.

after finally curing the air lock we started to do a few punches when against my better judgement i listend to matt.

resulting in a rather loud bang followed by horrable crunching noise's :lol:

new front diff and locker now required :o:lol:

cant wait for corwen....at least in theory i "should" manage to fix my motor on site saturday and then carry on with the even on sunday ;)

barney spirit seem's to have rubbed off on me :lol:

thanks to all that donated water to me your all top, muchly appriciated guys :)

dan

Thanks Matt, Barny and all the marshalls great event and a super site but like Twiggy said the camping and parking could do with being a bit bigger can't do Corwen but will see you all at Mow cop in October :)

Twiggy & John, all noted I was trying hard to keep everyone together, quite a lot of small tress had sprouted since we did the recce a couple of months ago and the grass area was not as hard as I was told it was. sorry we had to split some of you up.

Sorry to hear that hope its not too long till the plasters comes off. we hope to see you again at another event soon.