Disco 1 key fob programming with nanocom?

DaveA

Does anyone know if it is possible to program new keyfobs (2 button type) into a Disco 1 alarm unit with a nanocom ?

It's a late 300tdi, with the as10 (green?) module, and as the Nanocom can communicate with this unit on the Defender (incl TD5) I wondered if anyone had tried it. I've successfully done this to death on a TD5 disco 2, but never been near the disco 1.

I have an extra keyfob to "learn", and I could do with the EKA code extracting. Any help appreciated ....

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm replying to my own post, but updates are always good ..

I succeeded with the 10AS unit, but not after immobilising the vehicle for while by accident !! It works if you're careful, this doesn't seems as "friendly" as the disco 2 to program.

Does anyone know if it is possible to program new keyfobs (2 button type) into a Disco 1 alarm unit with a nanocom ?

It's a late 300tdi, with the as10 (green?) module, and as the Nanocom can communicate with this unit on the Defender (incl TD5) I wondered if anyone had tried it. I've successfully done this to death on a TD5 disco 2, but never been near the disco 1.

I have an extra keyfob to "learn", and I could do with the EKA code extracting. Any help appreciated ....

• 13 years later...

My nanocom works with the discovery 300tdi auto, I used the defender 10AS section to access the security and this was only possible because the auto has an ABD port, manuals ones don’t have the port. 

Edited by BenF
Better grammar/punctuation

2 hours ago, BenF said:

My nanocom works with the discovery 300tdi auto, I used the defender 10AS section to access the security and this was only possible because the auto has an ABD port, manuals ones don’t have the port. 

This isnt technically correct as of I think it was late 95 into 96 the Romulus facelift also brought in the standard OBD port across all models, I have a very basic spec manual late 97 D1 with OBD and I used a Td5 Defender nanocom to re-programme some 2 button key fobs to the 10AS unit.

It seems non of the 10AS controllers are encoded in any way, so from some of my experiments as long as the nanocom is opened up for a model that used the 10AS, then you can plug it into any LR vehicle with an OBD that uses a 10AS and get access for fob re-programming and basic 10AS function check and set-up.