200TDi Brake Caliper Bolt

JaJaPuppy

Hi All,

This is my very first post here!

Got a 200TDi - bought it - failed MOT in grand style - bought parts - started woek on it - and then the problem hit!!!

First job up is strip and rebuild swivel housings. Pasenger side is not a problem. I have been completely beaten by the drivers side Brake caliper.

The last owner has managed to completely round the head of BOTH bolts that hold the caliper on.

Has anybody got a clue how to get the things out?

Thanks for your help

Steve

I have seen people using irwins sockets on very damaged bolts with lots of happyness. Dont know exactly what they are called but i typed irwin into ebay and found them. Fluted design inside them so they grip harder onto damaged heads.

They are called "IRWIN BOLT-GRIP "

Hugely useful for all your rounded bolt needs, particularly the rubbish cross member bolts on a Discovery 2, even with the proper socket I rounded 10 out of 16 bolts. :angry:

The bolt grips got 9 out of 10 out leaving only one I had to grind off.

They are called "IRWIN BOLT-GRIP "

Hugely useful for all your rounded bolt needs, particularly the rubbish cross member bolts on a Discovery 2, even with the proper socket I rounded 10 out of 16 bolts. :angry:

The bolt grips got 9 out of 10 out leaving only one I had to grind off.

OK - SOLD!!!