pinion bearings

hi all, found a tech on how to replace pinion seals but not the bearings anyone got any info for me, diff leaking, flange on t/box has movement have the tech for that one,i already have a spare diff so might be better to work on,on the bench as regards replacing bearings, cheer's defender dinky

You will most likely need a puller to get the pinion head bearing off, but you can do it by applying some "warmth" to it and use a persuading device to get it off. just not too much heat near the pinion head and be careful not to hit the teeth. Gears are F strong though so you don't need to treat it with kid gloves ;)

We have got a write up/how to coming out in either this months or next months LRO Mag (i don't which yet as i haven't seen it).

Steve

You will most likely need a puller to get the pinion head bearing off, but you can do it by applying some "warmth" to it and use a persuading device to get it off. just not too much heat near the pinion head and be careful not to hit the teeth. Gears are F strong though so you don't need to treat it with kid gloves ;)

We have got a write up/how to coming out in either this months or next months LRO Mag (i don't which yet as i haven't seen it).

Steve

hi steve, could i get this lro mag from w h smith's. cheer's dd