Time for some new boots!

My Colway MT's appear to be ready for iminent de-lamination! So it is time for some new rubber on the truck.

I have some spare steel 8 spokes which are stamped 6.5/16 and I would like to put the new rubber on these and keep the MT's for playing - What is he largest tyre that I can fit to a 6.5" rim. Ideally I'd like to keep the same proportions that I have at present which means I'm looking at something like 31/10.5R16, or 265/70R16.

I wouldn't mind going for a thinner tyre but then the overall diameter would be less which I think would look a bit pants on the truck.

Thoughts/opinions gratefully received.

Dave.

255/85 would be perfect. If you're keeping the MT's for playing then I'd go for something a little more road biased - BFG AT?

You could stretch to 265 but recommended on a 7" rim.

You'll get away with it though - especially if you're not doing crazy offroad in them (where they might be subject to enough latteral force to pop the rim). People run 285 on 7" without any issues.

Personally, 255 AT would be the way to go.