fuel pipes

ouchie

has any one out there changed the fuel pipe cluster on a disco td5

and can it be done with the tank on ???.

Yes its just a little tricky over the top of the chassis.....make sure you cap the ends of all pipes until there in place.

It would be a nightmare to get the pipes routed correctly and clipped to the rear tank crossmember - I wouldn't even contemplate it. The pipes have to be routed exactly right, or they will rub on various metal components and eventually leak. There was a recall on the TD5 Disco's because of this - one pipe rubbing on the chassis and eventually leaking. I strongly advise you to drop the tank and do it 'properly' or you will regret it.

Thread on one I did here -

http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=23450

Les.

Guest MRPLEBBY

I had a major leak done on mine under warranty, i was told it was another common fault where the pipe rubs and wears, the diesel was squirting all over the rear window.

thanks les thats what i will do i did already view your topic but thanks for the link as i look out my window my new garage is under construction,so a think that will be the first job.at 4 mtrs wide and 7 long it will be just the place .