Going the other way...

GT6Steve

Greetings from sunny Las Vegas,

My question is pretty much the opposite of anything I see you guys doing but this is where the experts are found.

I want to lower my 91 RRC by a couple of inches. It is driven only on Motorways and usually at 85 MPH. A couple inches lower will make it easier for the wife and dogs to board and likely improve stability.

I'm not particularly enthusiastic about simply cutting the springs as I'd like to keep them to put back in if required. Spares aren't common over here.

Any suggestions for shorter replacements?

Thanx in advance, Steve

try famous four over in the uk they used to do a 1" lowering/roadholding kit. they were very easy to deal with and do export too! (www.famousfour.co.uk)

Thanx for that, I've sent an E-mail enquiring. Price seems OK but I was a bit worried about the "heavy Duty" connotation. If it's just marketing blather I'll order them for a trial. :unsure:

thought about air ride?

big in the US and alot cheaper than the UK.

best of both worlds for on and off road.

But not so appealing for Steve as he says he only uses his vehicle on the road - the big plus of air is that it reduces compromise in a jack-of-all trades vehicle.

Ya know, I've not yet got a response from Famous Fours. Is that typical cuz they're busy and I should be patient or is that indicitive of their customer support? :unsure:

The above comments made me ready to order but now I find myself drawing back. You guys know them better than I, am I being too suspicious?

BTW, Sunny Las Vegas is now a dust bowl with 60 MPH winds lifting every free bit of soil into the air. Sadly the storm has no moisture for this end of the desert.... :ph34r:

unfortunately that seems to be the norm when it comes to web based enquiries from uk based companies. they seem far behind the states and the rest of europe. best bet would be to call them but that's hard when there is an 8hr time difference.

try famous four over in the uk they used to do a 1" lowering/roadholding kit. they were very easy to deal with and do export too! (www.famousfour.co.uk)

I have Famous Four lowered springs on my 89 Range Rover and they help getting in,they also give the RR a different look.

Customer service is normally very good.

Anybody got friends over at Famous Four? Do I have to freakin BEG to get my order request responded to??

Must be incredibly nice to have such a good business as to throw away custom.

Since their phone number doesn't work could anybody give them a ring and tell them to read their damned E-mail? I've tried to call them several times today and get a wrong number.

Hi

Shame I am nt in USA, I have a set of new ones (lowered & uprated I bought for a project) but never used and they are sitting in my garage ready to sell. I think sending to USA would be an horrendous cost but how much do F. F. want for theirs maybe we could do a deal?

Cheers

Jon