Lt230

well the story goes.

Playing around with a lt77/lt230 gear box from a 200tdi. i notices on the front output flange to the propshaft on the transfer, that there was a strange noise. the noise occurs when you quickly alternate the direction of the output flange. the inital slop is taken up followed by a kind of click. it can only be noticed when the central diff is locked and gives resistance. i have a older lt77/lt230 from a 2.5 na 90 which shows no signs of this dodgy click.

Any suggestions to what it could be. i thought it might be nackered spline ont he out put flange but theres no sign of movement and the nut is tight. it also looks like the front oil seal is buggered.

Cheers :ph34r:

well the story goes.

Playing around with a lt77/lt230 gear box from a 200tdi. i notices on the front output flange to the propshaft on the transfer, that there was a strange noise. the noise occurs when you quickly alternate the direction of the output flange. the inital slop is taken up followed by a kind of click. it can only be noticed when the central diff is locked and gives resistance. i have a older lt77/lt230 from a 2.5 na 90 which shows no signs of this dodgy click.

Any suggestions to what it could be. i thought it might be nackered spline ont he out put flange but theres no sign of movement and the nut is tight. it also looks like the front oil seal is buggered.

Cheers :ph34r:

looks like its the splines on the handbrake end :wacko: