defender 90 rear winch

one of the best decisions i made while she was stripped was to get all the corner and top carring galvernised as they were looking a bit worse for wear. please note though they dont stay shiney for many weeks i was gutted when they lost there bling effectsad.gifunsure.gif

Yeah, I made a whole new rear crossmember as the rust was starting to take hold. As I've recently finished my front winch bumper, I've moved the winch to the front, so am not using a rear winch at the moment. I did think about some sort of inspection hatch as access is some what restricted and its handy to see when the rope is bunching up. Also it needs to be cut right as I still want to be able to put heavy stuff in the back without fear of it falling through!

Steve

if your interested i can do you a inspection cover out of alloy t section with a drop on lid also out of alloy for £20.00 plus postage they work spot on as i also carry heavy loads in the back of mine aswell and it gives it the bling factor.

if your interested i will post some pics of mine tom night fitted.

let me know what you think

if your interested i can do you a inspection cover out of alloy t section with a drop on lid also out of alloy for £20.00 plus postage they work spot on as i also carry heavy loads in the back of mine aswell and it gives it the bling factor.

I'd be interested in seeing it too.

oops posted twice, sorry

Edited by smokinv8

the checker plate was there for the winter months as i only go 10 miles to work and the old girl never got warm, that plate worked wonders and i think i will use it in the summer months as a rad gaurd while off roading as my 300tdi never over heats even when thats on and it will stop mud from getting blathered all in the fins.

sorry i never had chance to do those pics but will defo post em on hear tom night.

my fabricator mate said i had the price totally wrong for the covers and said 30 is more like it as to get em made out of alloy and tig welded he would have charged 60 but he loves me!!!lol

also i will post some pics of an air intake iv had made as when i fitted my roll cage the normal box for inside the wing wont fit anymore so iv been making templates for a week trying different methods and finally cracked it. these will be made out of stainless and fully tig welded inc nuts on the inside so installing it is a sinch.

this is what we have been doing all eve.

cheers gavin

Not knocking your design here, looks nice and strong, but wouldn't it be better to have the design flipped as it were, so there wasn't any protrusion up into the load bay?

Depends what the truck is used for I guess, but I'm always sliding things in or out of the back of mine and that raised bit would interfere.

hears a cross section pic of the t section alloy used to make the frame. dead easy to fit just mark out how far back you wich sites. sit the frame on and make sure its square, draw around it. then set to with a disk cutter as a jigsaw will struggle through the cross braces.

sit the fram in and pop rivet into place.

i used extra long rivets with washers on the backs to help support.

you would have to fit some tie down rubbers or stick draft excluder around the lid just to stop it lifting off on motorways or as i found, deep water!!! lol

post-22003-127248882116_thumb.jpg

Not knocking your design here, looks nice and strong, but wouldn't it be better to have the design flipped as it were, so there wasn't any protrusion up into the load bay?

Depends what the truck is used for I guess, but I'm always sliding things in or out of the back of mine and that raised bit would interfere.

i thought about that way but i would have had to use angle instead and as i carry heavy loads in the back then strengh was my first thoughts and as it only sticks up an inch it has never caused a problem sliding syuff over it plus the fact that its only a 90 there isnt too many objects you can slide in