Dartford toll and hardtops

SteveG

Similar rules apply at my local tip, "you can't come in with that mate, it's commercial". I now flytip on the local greenlanes instead.

Interesting, as BY LAW if you declare that your waste is domestic (yours from your premises) they CANNOT refuse you entry to a waste site. Obviously if there is a FIXED height barrier then you WONT get in, but a moveable one, or one you CAN get under !. I can dig out the article I 've got on this if you require! They have to let you in! :ph34r:

Interesting, as BY LAW if you declare that your waste is domestic (yours from your premises) they CANNOT refuse you entry to a waste site. Obviously if there is a FIXED height barrier then you WONT get in, but a moveable one, or one you CAN get under !. I can dig out the article I 've got on this if you require! They have to let you in! :ph34r:

I'd like to see that - or at least I'd like Horsham Tip so see it!

I, in my old V8 90 which had a soft-top was asked to pay the higher rate because it had no side windows. They argued for 20 mins until I got out and rolled up the sides. "Sorry Sir, now it's a commercial Pick-up". I held out for another 20 mins - then the Supervisor appeared and let me through for the car rate. Thankfully, I wasn't in a hurry.

Si

I'd like to see that - or at least I'd like Horsham Tip so see it!

I, in my old V8 90 which had a soft-top was asked to pay the higher rate because it had no side windows. They argued for 20 mins until I got out and rolled up the sides. "Sorry Sir, now it's a commercial Pick-up". I held out for another 20 mins - then the Supervisor appeared and let me through for the car rate. Thankfully, I wasn't in a hurry.

Si

You have to PAY?????? ;):o

My td5 90 was a "commercial"rolleyes.gif and was banned by the tip after we had words.....and a pushed under the barrierwink.gif

So i now have a disco 200 tdi...roll up, toot the horn and make them open the barrier and dump my, my businesses and anyone else rubbish with ease.

And when my air rides fitted i'll limbo under the barrier and then just drive inlaugh.gif

just a thought could you get a photo of some blacked out side windows, get them printed onto that magnet type material, and then put a couple of strips if mag on the sides hey presto windows/carbiggrin.gif

Errrrr Are not Defenders made out of Ali rolleyes.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ohmy.gif Oh in the 19 years of having Land Rover's I hadn't figured that bit out!!!!! huh.gif lucky I had added the bit about putting Mag tape on the sides (Magnetic tape (strips of mag) sticky on one side (i.e. has glue on) to stick to the Landy) magnetic though to allow the magnetic material to be attracted to it and all it to give the impresion it was part of the landy but with the capablity of being removed when not needed.........rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Jason

I've had similar problems at Southampton tip before.

Last time I went in with all the stuff in a trailer on the back of the 88". Folded down windscreen outside and fitted quite nicely under the barrier. They weren't too happy with me, but there was little they could do apart from ask me to leave. I refused and continued to empty the trailer.

Having moved, my local tip is a different one and they are much more friendly.

just a thought could you get a photo of some blacked out side windows, get them printed onto that magnet type material, and then put a couple of strips if mag on the sides hey presto windows/car

or talk nicely to a sign makers to see if they can knock up some "fake" windows to stick on the side in a dark limo tint style??

only problem then is if they look inside and can't see the other side of the window, although if the inside was ply lined....purely for security purposes of course...

our local tip operates a voucher scheme, you have to send off a copy of your v5, and they send you some tickets for when you want to go there with a trailer etc...