Hidden hinges?

jen90csw

Hi i have a 1988 E Reg 3.5 Range Rover, it has had the bonnet replaced at sometime and it is a bit ropey. Im in the process of replacing it.

Now the one that is on at the present is a "hidden hinge" one and im not sure if it is correct, as the fit isnt tremendous,but maybe due to the ropiness.

Can you fit either "hidden" or "visible" type hinges or not,is the bonnet or scuttle different between the two types?? :blink:

I have lined up a bonnet in the correct colour and in good condition, but it is a "visible hinge" one! :rolleyes:

Cheers.

As bishbosh states, hidden hinged and exposed hinged bonnets/doors are not compatible.

Your 1988 model should be fitted with a concealed hinged bonnet which were manufactured from 1986, and fitted with exposed hinged doors.

My 83 RRC has exposed hinges, I believe they were only made for 3 years in the four door version.

Well now im really confused!

The bonnet im interested in is on an E reg 1988 EFI Rangie,exactly the same model and year and colour as mine,but the bloke tells me he can see the hinges, i asked him if he meant on top of the bonnet and "yes" he says?

So now im not sure as to whether my ropey replaced bonnet is correct(with hidden hinges)or not????? AAAaagh! :huh::unsure::blink:

Hi and thanks to all above for your replies and input,i spoke to chappie with the bonnet im buying and he apologises for being vague yesterday,had a bad day etc etc.

The new bonnet has hidden hinges,hooray!! So it is winging its way to me as we speak!! :D