Fan belt

Hi, I was looking on the web for the correct fan belt for my 2.5 N/A.

I am confused because some sellers state that the standard belt wont

fit a military model. I have a very early Ex-MOD 90 with a 2.5 N/A.

It is a FFR moddel and has three different pulleys on the crank and

the fan belt is on the innermost one.

The existing belt is marked "Dayco 11A1025C" and "8 363163".

Cheers, Tomas

Hi, I was looking on the web for the correct fan belt for my 2.5 N/A.

I am confused because some sellers state that the standard belt wont

fit a military model. I have a very early Ex-MOD 90 with a 2.5 N/A.

It is a FFR moddel and has three different pulleys on the crank and

the fan belt is on the innermost one.

The existing belt is marked "Dayco 11A1025C" and "8 363163".

Cheers, Tomas

The "1025" bit is the key as its the length of the belt - anywhere that sells fanbelts will have one, just match the size to this.

I was in the car parts shop today, and the only belt I found that was 1025mm was marked "9,5x1025mm".

I need one thats marked "11x1025mm" as I'm guessing that the leading "11" in "Dayco 11A1025C" is the width, correct?

Cheers, Tomas

Anyone who stocks Dayco belts, which is most motor factors, should be able to get you an 11A1025 or close to it.

The 11 is the width, the A is the section shape or profile of the belt/pulley, and the 1025 is the length in mm. Depending how much adjustment you have in the setup you can get away with the next length up or down if it's on the shelf. Halfords belt selection is similar but not so easily deciphered.

I am in Sweden, with different brands/codes, but now that I know that it should be 11x1025 I should be able to find it.

Problem in the shop I was in today (Biltema) was that the belts were all sorted by car model, not size :-( And only some of them were marked with size, the rest just with a part number. Early Defenders are very rare in Sweden so they do not appear in the recommendation tables, but next time I will look for a Disco I (common here) belt and compare it to the old one.

Thanks, Tomas

I could get one here in UK & post it over, if you cannot find a suitable belt in your area.

Thanks a lot for the offer, very nice of you :-)

But hopefully I'll find it tomorrow, I have another shop to try out!

Cheers, Tomas

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this up again - was out in the filds down on the farm yesterday when I noticed the red alt light come on - checked and the fan belt is gone - missing without trace lol. I've an early ish '87 90 - but not an ex miliatry one. There's a couple listed on the paddocks site including the one above etc7939 & 563132, I'm more used to working with the length / profile etc of the belt - so will aquire one that way.

So just checking that they are all the same for the different variants?

Cheer Folks.

Steve