200TDi head gasket

Hi

My 200 has started to sound more like a steam train than a diesel, what brands of head gasket are ok? I don't mind paying for quality but would rather avoid LRs 'think of a number and double it' mark-up policy :rolleyes:

Are Elring ok? its whats listed on LR series as the alternative to genuine...

also I assume that 3 hole is the one to go for if you're not sure, the current one (Cheapo paddocks - I know it was all I had at the time!) is a 3 hole but the one it replaced was missing its tab...

Finally if I could bother Ralph for the part numbers? :ph34r:

Ta

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm going to do my 300tdi head gasket in the summer and will be getting all my parts from turner engineering, their prices seem very reasonable and if its good enough for their engines then its good enough for mine.

My link

James

Elring, 100%. Don't get the metal gasket type either.

3 hole is good if you don't know your thickness (that sounds bad if taken out of context :D ), and I think they do a no hole type which is even thicker. 3 hole should be fine though.

Elring, 100%. Don't get the metal gasket type either.

3 hole is good if you don't know your thickness (that sounds bad if taken out of context :D ), and I think they do a no hole type which is even thicker. 3 hole should be fine though.

After fitting a couple of cheap head gaskets from paddocks which both lasted just over a year I've put an elring on my own and a mates vehicle. Both have been ok so far. Turners do them quite reasonable.

I've not yet seen a 200tdi with anything other than a three hole gasket but the only way to know for sure is to check the piston protrusion above the block. This will also highlight the presence of any bent con-rods. Ask me how I know!

Mark