in need of help please

just change my lt77 gear oil with atf dexron iii oil went for a test drive and never made it back home with the jeep!!! just broke down!!! all the gear engage no problem but when i stop and then start again on first gear put second and then don't know what happen when i push on the gas the jeep just rev up but would'nt move!!!! check underneath my front propshaft is turning!!! what's wrong....please help me there

thanks thierry

If the front prop turns but the wheels don't then you've blown something up in the front axle. Diff would be my bet, failing that then a halfshaft or a CV joint etc.

Did you try putting it in diff-lock and driving carefully?

Be mindful that if it is a CV it could lock up the steering if driven like that.

(won't comment on use of the word 'jeep' ;))

i was thinking of the cv joint as well!!! i've order one still waiting to replace it! it's still on the side of the road.while i was pushing it from the middle of the road the i notice that the steering was getting stir the engine was on!! what if it lock the steering? can i tow it this way without damaging the steering or i get it tow on a platform tyre recovery!!! any advice i'm afraid of driving it on difflock!!!

1. It's not a jeep.

2. Nothing in this thread is so exciting as to require three exclamation marks after it.

3. You can strip the dead CV out & drive it home in difflock or get it taken back on a flatbed. Driving with a bust CV would be a poor idea in case it decides to lock up.

4. Yes I'm a grumpy b*st*rd and spelling/grammar nazi.

1. It's not a jeep.

2. Nothing in this thread is so exciting as to require three exclamation marks after it.

3. You can strip the dead CV out & drive it home in difflock or get it taken back on a flatbed. Driving with a bust CV would be a poor idea in case it decides to lock up.

4. Yes I'm a grumpy b*st*rd and spelling/grammar nazi.

I'm surprised you didn't add a link to the "JEEP" forum as well FridgeFreezer? :D

You could also have pointed out out where the spell check is so as to save us all having to decipher the post! ;)

thanks for the advice guys i'm going to put it on a flatbed and get it home and replace the cv joint do you think i'll have to replace the hal shaft as well?

thanks thierry

Had similar - drive flange splines gone. Cheap and easy fix. You'll see quite clearly if you remove the rubber hub caps.

Worth a look and ok to drive it like this in difflock for a short distance.

Mark

I didn't know that using the word 'jeep' for landy have another signification!!! My bad

I have to say I find the BBC refusing to use Land Rover because it was advertising and using Jeep instead both hilarious and sad.

Land Rover is (well, mostly is) a British company, making (mostly) British designed 4x4 utility and luxury cars in Britain. The militaries of the world still buy Land Rovers in quantity after nearly 60 years.

Jeep is an North American company making typically North American lifestyle SUVs in America (and Germany). The military no longer buy Jeeps in quantity.

Spot the differences?

OK, Maurice Wilks borrowed a few tricks of the Willy's machines in 1947/8, but calling a Land Rover a Jeep is like calling a Dyson a Hoover. [/rant]

Got it thanks for that piece of information and knowledge I'm from Mauritius myself but been in Ireland for 6 years still have loads to learn about the land rover but I'm really interested and I've got the passion and enjoy every minute spend on trying to fix it and so far it costing me a lot but there's no regret at all

thierry

Got it thanks for that piece of information and knowledge I'm from Mauritius myself but been in Ireland for 6 years still have loads to learn about the land rover but I'm really interested and I've got the passion and enjoy every minute spend on trying to fix it and so far it costing me a lot but there's no regret at all

thierry

No worries Thierry, and Mr Fridge is really nice, really, honest. You just hit a nerve ...

You sound like a proper sufferer victim addict, you'll be just fine on here.

Errol

I do apologise, let me correct that: Click here for the Jeep forum.

Apology accepted your Lordship, now if you could just post a couple of pictures preferably one of

each vehicle and point out the major differences. As I would hate for some new comer to go and install/add

various bits only to find out his pride and joy Landy ends up looking like a "JEEP!!!" :(

(I think that warrant's three exclamation marks?)