What Da Ya Do.

cols110

OK all, to pay the bills I`m a Licensed Aircraft Engineer. The crowd I`m currently working for is Air Canada and I usually work out of Terminal 3 at London Heathrow, if your passing through enroute to some where, give us a yell, I can usually spare a bit of time for a cuppa.

Before this crowd, I`ve worked for quite a few Aircraft maintenance organisations around the UK, Ireland and Europe.

And to kick it all off, I spent 10 years in the RAAF where I did my time as an apprentice. Did my stint in Wagga, Richmond and finally Amberly, before telling em to stick their job and made the move to Europe.

Project Manager, Research and Development

I can't say what I do, but if you have to be stuck

in Sydney, hightech R&D in a historic building

in Balmain is fairly good.

My background is in Electrical/electronics engineering,

td5/ABS/ETC electronics don't scare me :ph34r:

Matthew

Now Sales Manager for Industrial Automation Company

Background, Electrical Contractor for most of my life

But also 8 years tech support and Management with IBM

and some sales etc during lean building industry times

Getting to tough to keep up at the physical work :rolleyes:

So thats why I drive a desk these days :)

Art Director

Working for a mob who make set-top boxes for digital TV (eg Austar). Started work for them in Sydney before they transplanted me and the wife (but not the Landies) to the Land of Cuckoo-Clocks and Chocolate aka Switzerland. What I do here is design the STB casings, GUI, marketing material and web and I am also the 'Corporate Identity" cop.

MDF ( medium density fibreboard) Press Operator, sit in an airconditioned control room with a bank of computer monitors infront of me & NZ$65millions dollars of machinery out the window. Gives me plenty of time to read Land Rover mags :D:D , no internet access though :(:(

Particle Board Press operator/sometimes Shift team leader (for the opposition crowd to Steve H by the sound of it!). And I have much the same, megabucks of someone elses machinery out side a sort of nice aircon'ed control room. Plus the sometimes hectic world of looking after 18 other people. Same with the 'net access too

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Boring computer stuff. I'm the I T Manager for the local Caterpillar dealer.

Only thing makes it worth while is occasionally I get to play with some toys:

193233727.jpg

This baby weights 320 tonnes, and is powered by a 69 litre, 1650hp V16 engine. The empty bucket weighs 19 tonne, and the payload is 44 tonne!!

And no, I didn't get to actually drive it - biggest thing I drove was a 100 tonne payload dumptruck. Still fun though!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

moved to NZ with my wife's job. Now do a bit of building, tractor driving, calf feeding and started looking into setting up a small plant nursery. Finally managed to get my SIII Lightweight and Defender 90 200TDi cleared by maf. Just started the chassis swap for the galvanised one that I just managed to squeeze into the container........

• 2 months later...