Lower shock bushes

M&S

Should I be able to move the shock front to back at all (D2 TD5)? I suspect no, but both sides are the same so I thought I'd just check - I guess both sides are worn?

Basically I can use a screwdriver through the spring to push the shock 3mm each way (front to back) at the lower mount.

I'm fed-up of spending money and doing jobs to find problems still there so thought I'd ask before ripping into it :)

Thanks, Martin

Quick answer is NO.

The front shocks on a D2 lower end are a flat bar through the rubber bush with two holes at each end.

The rubber fails and allows the shock to move as you described. It's an MOT fail.

Replacement is not difficult, I replaced the turrets as they were corroded. Turrets are expensive (compared to D1) as only OEM items available.

Quick answer is NO.

The front shocks on a D2 lower end are a flat bar through the rubber bush with two holes at each end.

The rubber fails and allows the shock to move as you described. It's an MOT fail.

Replacement is not difficult, I replaced the turrets as they were corroded. Turrets are expensive (compared to D1) as only OEM items available.

Thanks for that, I'll get onto it right away. Did price up upper and lower bushes today, then thought it would be cheaper to get new shocks! Then I priced up new shocks... :o Will see if I can get some bushes at Driffield this weekend.

Thankfully my turrets are fine, it's only 6 years old, but has done 140k miles.

Cheers, Martin