Bonda Primer..

Is Bonda zinc based primer suitable to use on aluminium or is there something better. I know Bonda is a very good primer to use on steel but wasnt so sure about using it on ally...

Any thoughts or experiences?

Just about to paint my Overland trailer project, after speaking to the paint guy I went for etch primer first then a high build undercoat and then the paint, the chap said if I didn't use the etch primer first the paint would just flake off in a couple of months time as no matter how much you rub down you will not be able to key aliuminium.

as has been said, you really need an etch primer, or an acid etch wash before painting ally... bondaprimer is excellent stuff, but it will still need an etch on ally really.

hth

Mark

Thanks for the advice. Next question is what acid etch to use. Ive tried halfords acid etch before and it is complete carp... :-(

I got mine from a local auto paint supplier, will look at the make in the morning for you it is a two part job activator and primer, same one I used for the series one and 3 years later the paint is still on!!!

I assume so, I am just using a high build prima which i beleive bonda primer.

Will take a photo of the primer tonight.

Jason.