A few Td5 Disco Questions

sotal

I've borrowed a Td5 from a family member whilst I try and sort my RR out.

It's got a couple of problems which I thought I'd have a quick look at, any advice on the following issues.

1. Recently it's been refusing to start on the starter, bump start works or hit starter whilst turning key works, so the starter motor has had it - this is intermittant - perhaps once a week. I've seen some repair kits on ebay for about a tenner - are these likely to fix this and are they easy enough to do?

2. Remote central locking, the fob hardly works, it lights nicely but you have to keep pressing the buttons, holding it infront of middle of the windscreen seems to be the best place. Batteries have been changed with no change. Only one key fob to try. Puts you off locking it as sometimes it takes 5 minutes of pressing unlock before it decides to unlock. Locking with key doesn't help as unlocking with key still causes alarm to go off!

3. The rear airbags have been replaced with springs after too many faults with the compressor. This has left a light on the dash - do you just remove the bulb or is there something you can plug in somewhere? Sure I read something about it before.

4. It needs new seats - anyone know anyone breaking a disco with good seats? Do 300tdi Seats fit?

That's it for now!

I've borrowed a Td5 from a family member whilst I try and sort my RR out.

It's got a couple of problems which I thought I'd have a quick look at, any advice on the following issues.

1. Recently it's been refusing to start on the starter, bump start works or hit starter whilst turning key works, so the starter motor has had it - this is intermittant - perhaps once a week. I've seen some repair kits on ebay for about a tenner - are these likely to fix this and are they easy enough to do?

starter solenoid sticking. Might work fine if you take it off and give it a clean.

2. Remote central locking, the fob hardly works, it lights nicely but you have to keep pressing the buttons, holding it infront of middle of the windscreen seems to be the best place. Batteries have been changed with no change. Only one key fob to try. Puts you off locking it as sometimes it takes 5 minutes of pressing unlock before it decides to unlock. Locking with key doesn't help as unlocking with key still causes alarm to go off!

we had this and just bought a new fob and had it programmed. Worked a treat after that from 20 feet away.

3. The rear airbags have been replaced with springs after too many faults with the compressor. This has left a light on the dash - do you just remove the bulb or is there something you can plug in somewhere? Sure I read something about it before.

you need to tell the ecu it doesnt have air bags anymore.

4. It needs new seats - anyone know anyone breaking a disco with good seats? Do 300tdi Seats fit?

That's it for now!

3 you need to go to someone with a plug in computer so that they can re programme the 'slabs' ecu to tell it that you have springs.

4 I am breaking a 300tdi with a passable interior but I do not know wether the seats fit or not.

1 - Light on dash can be turned off. It's still looking for the compressor, need to be told it has coil springs instead.

2 - Key fobs are available on ebay for "reasonable" prices if you try hard.

I notice you are in staffs - I can sort the above for you for a couple of pints ....