How broken is my land rover?

Varsas

Yes, if I can get a 2.5NAD that would seem to be the best option, i'm still looking most seem to be a looong way away. I might have the chance to get a good 2.5 NA petrol engine from a '90' very cheaply, I assume that would require engine mounts changing? (of course the fuel system will need to be flushed and the electrical system adapted, but it would seem worth it for a known, good, cheap engine. )

Guest noggy

200TDi Discovery engine will fit 2.25 mounts, but the Defender unit won't. Neither will the 2.5 NA Diesel. A 2.5 NA from a Sherpa does, at the expense of waterproofed timing cover.

My personal opinion on what you should think about is a 2.5 NA if you can't find a good 2.25 Diesel (rare now!).

can you enlighten me.... why wont a defender 200tdi fit?

But on a serious note, just bang a 200tdi in and be done with it!!

But on a serious note, just bang a 200tdi in and be done with it!!

I've got a 2 1/4 diesel sat on a pallet here looking for a new home after I took it out to go the 200TDi route.

You can have the head if you want it, think the block is a 3 brg lump. I can get the head to Northampton / Milton Keynes if anyone can drop it down to you.

Cheers

Pete

I've got a 2 1/4 diesel sat on a pallet here looking for a new home after I took it out to go the 200TDi route.

You can have the head if you want it, think the block is a 3 brg lump. I can get the head to Northampton / Milton Keynes if anyone can drop it down to you.

Cheers

Pete

Hi.

That sound perfect. I have looked into swapping the engine with a mechanically minded mate and we both reckon it looks do-able (quite easy, actually, but I won't say that until we've done it!), I've also found somewhere to do it and can easily rent an engine hoist so an engine is the last piece of the puzzle. If you let me know where you are (perhaps by private message is best) and how much you want for it (it's difficult to know but I reckon around £100ish is about right?) I'll arrange to come get the whole thing (I have access to a van).

Hi.

That sound perfect. I have looked into swapping the engine with a mechanically minded mate and we both reckon it looks do-able (quite easy, actually, but I won't say that until we've done it!), I've also found somewhere to do it and can easily rent an engine hoist so an engine is the last piece of the puzzle. If you let me know where you are (perhaps by private message is best) and how much you want for it (it's difficult to know but I reckon around £100ish is about right?) I'll arrange to come get the whole thing (I have access to a van).

You have a PM...

Cheers

Pete

Hi.

You have a pm :)

Hi,

Looked at your Landy today, it looks really nice and straight. Had a quick chat to Ian he said a new head and no4 piston and you would be sorted, surley this would be eaiser than a new engine?

Jason.

Thanks, the transmission seems to work fine too, and the chassis doesn't look rusty either so i think it's worth saving one way or the other!

You might be right. I spoke to Ian yesterday and I'm going to see him on Monday to have a look for myself. On the other hand Pete has offered me a complete engine and an engine swap seems fairly straight forward, from where I am that seems easier and cheaper.

Chassis engine mount needs relocating. The injector pump will foul on the standard mounting location on a Series. This also applies to the 2.5 NA and TD engines. A Discovery 200TDi has its injector pump mounted further up, like the Sherpa 2.5 NA does so standard mounts can be used.