Proof of weight!

Hi all!

I'm trying to correct the revenue weight on my 110 CSW's V5. DVLA had no problem amending the engine no or body type, but now need a photo of the vin plate showing the no and weights. Problem is, as you know that the vin is stamped and the weights are printed. To make things worse the vin plate has a little overspray from previous owners handywork. With my limited photo skills I can show one or the other in the picture. I phoned DVLA who require 'evidence' to change the weight, even though it's a 1989 so won't affect the road tax. They said send two photos, one showing the vin, the other the weight. Anticipating their next problem I said that was pointless as they could come from different vehicles. In any case you can buy vin plates stamped or printed with whatever you want on them!

So, DVLA will now accept doccumentary evidence from the manufacturer or owners club as to the revenue wight of a CSW, can anyone point me in the right direction, or should I just buy a new vin plate?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

They said send two photos, one showing the vin, the other the weight. Anticipating their next problem I said that was pointless as they could come from different vehicles. In any case you can buy vin plates stamped or printed with whatever you want on them!

Are you not just making things difficult for yourself?

If they asked for 2 photos, why not give them the photos?

They just need "proof". A desk jockey can look at the photos, put a tick in the right box and bobs your uncle.

When I had my MOT done a month or so ago the brake testing machine also weighed my truck at the same time 2140 kgs, I also had my 90's weight changed on my V5 to 2400kgs just by sending them a photograph of the vin plate came back all ok-after about 6 weeks though :huh:

just send what they've asked for, if DVLA ask for clarification on the paint overspray just say it was done by the previous owner & like that when you bought the vehicle, any removing of the paint could remove the printed details too.

For what it's worth, I recently sent mine off with a photo of the VIN plate.

Unfortunately in my cover letter I wrote 3400KG instead of 2400KG. The photo clearly showed the latter. Guess which it came back with?

It seems that it depends who you get the other end, whoever did mine didn't even look at the photograph.

Need to do it again now :(