Motorway Cops on telly last night

Boothy

One passed me on the M54 friday morning, towing a trailer with big gates on doing about 80mph :blink:

Paul

:blush: I bet it was one of them white van men :rofl: I'll be glad when I finish that job in Mansfield it's a terrible commute :P

What is the drive/rest period routine with a tacho as it would apply to a LR towing commercially?

Edit:

Not a particularly simple answer

www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/freight/road/workingtime/drivershoursgoods.pdf

Put simply, you can drive for no longer than 4 1/2 hours before you need 45 mins of rest.

You can drive for no longer than 9hrs per day (increased to 10 trice per week)

There are a great deal of other regs regarding breaks, splitting breaks, daily rest etc which do get very complicated if you are not used to them.

Andy

Just watched the episode as I'd recorded it during the week. VERY pleasantly surprised to find out who the driver was - one known on this very forum from a little while back who left under quite a cloud ;) The clue was in his name and his stupid tweaked 90...

Just watched the episode as I'd recorded it during the week. VERY pleasantly surprised to find out who the driver was - one known on this very forum from a little while back who left under quite a cloud ;) The clue was in his name and his stupid tweaked 90...

not sure if its a win or a fail

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Geez lets all jump on the band wagon

I do hope you all do nothing wrong ever!

People who do not learn from their errors of judgement should be criticised

but he has had his punishment

and any of you tell me you've never sped on the public roads

stupid to video it and post it but that goes with age.

you should live and learn...

Yes I think so

I have done daft things in cars but I hope I have learned.

people can not be vilified forever,

if we had our time again I am sure the majority of us would do some things differently with the 20-20 vision hindsight provides.

not a lot more I can add but everyone getting on a persons case doesn't really help them learn form mistakes

more it provides a basis to compound them.

Tony, whilst understanding your comments about leaving people after they have made a mistake, and not doing the “I told you so” thing. I hope they throw the book at him!!! I was hit by an uninsured driver last year and it has caused me nothing but trouble, there was no damage although I did change my seat belt.

The paperwork has been a nightmare, at one point he even tried to blame me for the accident I got a letter from my insurance company saying a claim had been made against me through a third party!!!! When I pointed out he had no insurance/licence/MOT they said it didn’t matter if I was a fault!!! I had to then get the Police reports/photos etc and prove the guy that hit me up the chuff was to blame.

In my experience these people live in a world of their own where they will try anything to deny they have any sort of social responsibility ever, whilst we have all been guilty of doing things that have not been 100% especially in our younger days part of life’s lessons but most of us learn from our mistakes and don’t continue to repeat them, some people will never learn and these people deserve no sympathy.

Then if they repeat an offence they deserve the worst

but a load of unknown to him people ganging on on internet forums to berate his stupidity?

Speeding-everyone does it/has done it

posting it on you tube-daft

Driving without a licence-mad

no insurance-mad

but he isn't the first/last or alone in doing so.

I hope he learns from mistakes and learns not to repeat them for his own and other road users sakes.