Tyre Pressures

Just a few weeks to go now, til the great expedition to North Devon.

As this will be the first of many journeys (hopefully) of pulling the 'van, I thought I'd better flick through the almanac to see what the recommendations are for tyre preesure. Simples, I thought.

Normal operating conditions, up to 4 persons plus luggage, front and back pressures = 30 psi.

Vehicles loaded to max 2500kg GVW, front = 30 psi, rear = 44 psi.

My TOTAL caravan weight will not exceed 1500kg. How much air do I stick in the rear tyres?? :unsure:

From the Haynes manual, all models to year 2001, 26 psi 1.8 bar all round irrespective of load or towing

all models from 2001 on, four passengers and luggage 26 psi 1.8 bar all round, full load AND towing 30 psi 2.1 bar all round

The 26psi was corrected by LR in around 1999 to bring the pressures up to 30psi all around because of reported tyre wear problems. All owners handbooks after that date state that figure.

I only tow a max weight of 1050kg and found that an extra 5psi at the back was fine.

Don't know the actual answer to your question but I suggest you look at caravan club website or similar.

Incidentally if you are going to North Devon try this place, recommended .... www.westcountry-camping.co.uk

Thanks for the recommendation - we are going to Damage Barton, it sounds as if this place could be close by. ;)

Just a few weeks to go now, til the great expedition to North Devon.

As this will be the first of many journeys (hopefully) of pulling the 'van, I thought I'd better flick through the almanac to see what the recommendations are for tyre preesure. Simples, I thought.

Normal operating conditions, up to 4 persons plus luggage, front and back pressures = 30 psi.

Vehicles loaded to max 2500kg GVW, front = 30 psi, rear = 44 psi.

My TOTAL caravan weight will not exceed 1500kg. How much air do I stick in the rear tyres?? :unsure:

Mmmmmmm. I think a bit of arithmetics will have to suffice here.

44 - 30 = 14. 1500 is 2/3 of 2500. 2/3 of 14 = 9ish. So 9 extra should do......unless anyone else finds out something different.