what is the best defence

DefcoL

Can any one advise me on (apart from the obvious) the best and most cost effective way of giving my disco less dents when playing on tree infested clay carpeted inclines? As the only tree sliders that I can find on the net do not seem to project far enough..

Exo cage is one option though not one I'm personally keen on.

The other option is to reduce the amount of panels, this is RR based but excellent result

med_gallery_9_58_423625.jpg

Or a space frame such as tomcat, bowler, qt,...

I am making my own tree sliders that come out as far as the doors. The problem is you are allways going to get some panel damage because of the 'barrel' type sides as opposed to the slab sides ob the defender.

if you have a look at the mill services site they have tree slider sill bars for the disco (right at the bottom of the page):

db_Picture_0071.jpg

Mark

Guest Fingers Mclean
mill have just made a special set up for me which are even wider than his normal ones....... as im running big tyres and fibre glass arches.

Hi Gelf,

How much did they charge you for the sliders bud??

only asking as i still havent got round to making mine yet??

cheers Ali

to be honest i dont know....... because i gave him a truck cab and bits in exchange... best give him a ring...... hes a nice genuine bloke.

15052006.jpg

was gonna fit them today but its raining.......Doh!

Exo cage is one option though not one I'm personally keen on.

The other option is to reduce the amount of panels, this is RR based but excellent result

med_gallery_9_58_423625.jpg

Or a space frame such as tomcat, bowler, qt,...

Have seen this great white hunter in action....... he pulled me out of a spot at rusper

very well designed and plenty of grunt.......

Not familier with "space frame such as tomcat, bowler, qt,..."?

Lawrence

I am making my own tree sliders that come out as far as the doors. The problem is you are allways going to get some panel damage because of the 'barrel' type sides as opposed to the slab sides ob the defender.

if you have a look at the mill services site they have tree slider sill bars for the disco (right at the bottom of the page):

db_Picture_0071.jpg

Mark

Hi Mark

are they for the disco?

if so would be very interested to see them and or design......

Regards

Lawrence

my sliders where made by a mate who is more than slightly handy with a welder. 4x2" box section was used so they stick out far enough to hit stuff before the doors - but just after the mirrors. the problem with discos is the sills arent straight so its a pain to make sliders for them. matey managed to bend the box section slightly by welding right down one edge so they follow the curve of the car. well one does, he had a dim moment & the other bends the other way! still its not that noticable & i did get them cheap.

i want an exo-cage, but i cant see it happening for ages due to time & money & money again.

i must have got stuff from mill services on a bad day. everyone else raves about his gear but i had to redrill all the holes in my spring spacers before i could fit them. i never bothered contacting him about this though so please dont think im trying to put you off. the amount of good press he gets far outways my comment.