Jump to content

Flatulence sets hospital on fire


Recommended Posts

Pinched this from todays Sydney Sun Herald

I laughed till I nearly cried. :D:D:D

Flatulence sets hospital on fire

May 14, 2006

A PATIENT'S flatulence has been blamed for bringing his hemorrhoid operation to a fiery end. The man suffered minor burns in a brief but dramatic operating theatre fire.

The patient was at the Southern Cross Hospital in Invercargill, New Zealand, to have hemorrhoids removed when the accident happened.

A hospital source said there was a sort of flash fire. The hospital confirmed a fire did occur, and has ordered an investigation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably under the heading of too much info but I believe they use an almost redhot needle to cauterise the offending haemorhoids (?),( that is burn them off & seal the wound for those who don't know what that means, brings tears to my eyes just to think about it) :o:o

The whole article said that sometimes sparks were emitted from the equipment. Makes you wonder what those southern men have for breakfast though? :lol: :lol:


PS mog, the correct term for "it" is flatus, they were called farts in my day :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy