I hate landrovers

Ok, I'd just like to point out that my fantastic housemates started this thread on my behalf. Serves me right for leaving my laptop unattended!

I'd be reminding my housemates that they may have breached the computer misuse act and in return for doing the hoovering for the next five years you will remember not to dob them in! ;)

Si

I'd be reminding my housemates that they may have breached the computer misuse act and in return for doing the hoovering for the next five years you will remember not to dob them in! ;)

Si

Thats if they're still the same ones...!!!

Quite apt this thread has re-appeared... I'm far from in love with my truck right now.... I was thinking of selling my soul for an 2011 X-tech special edition....

You buy some locks because you're fed up with a different key for every one, you have to take 1/2 the door apart to get at it, the screws are corroded in, they snap but it doesn't matter because you have new locks, then you find out you have 1/2 a lock , it doesn't come with the only bit you're likely to break.

At least it's only 10% less secure with the doors unlocked

You buy some locks because you're fed up with a different key for every one, you have to take 1/2 the door apart to get at it, the screws are corroded in, they snap but it doesn't matter because you have new locks, then you find out you have 1/2 a lock , it doesn't come with the only bit you're likely to break.

At least it's only 10% less secure with the doors unlocked

At least it's 10% more secure with the doors unlocked as the scrote will be confused while trying to unlock it ;)

Corrected that for you :P

If your mates are anything like mine I'd be reminding them about walking when it snows.

The last time one of them took the p!ss out of my landy I winched their car betweeen two ballards. :D

Now that really should have a picture attached... please tell me you have one! :)

not shore i could live with out a land rover

I know I couldn't.

I shouldn't admit this but I talk to it sometimes. When I know it has good reason to go wrong. I'm usually saying 'please, PLEEEEEAAAASE, just get me to the destination' and promising to service whatever it is at the time straight away or never to drive it as hard again.

Water streams into the boot to the extent that it's just full of water all the time and my rear demister has never worked, the passenger door is nigh on impossible to open and the driver's door is going to fall off, the upper tailgate pops open even with new latches, you'd want to be Geoff Capes to use the passengers window or slide the seats forward, the bonnet mounted mirrors are literally useless, steering is kinda like that trick with the invisible thread on your top lip... you see it moving but it doesn't seem to be connected, I can see the road between my door bottoms and floor, a brand new indicator stalk broke internally, I fixed it but now there's a knack to turning left (thanks Lucas you person I'm not that keen on), I spent money on having my rostyles blasted then two days priming and meticulously painting them so that they could rust again straight away, I have to wedge something under the bonnet before pulling the release so it'll actually pop up and every time I go over a bump the combination of noise that comes from all round the car is like rattling a bucket of bolts.... BUT...

I'm just stating fact, bitching about any of the above wouldn't be fair. If I really cared about any of that I'd have fixed it (or more precisely, made a better second attempt at fixing it when the first one didn't quite cut it).

My RR puts up with my abuse and has never let me down. I f*&king love it and no other car could replace it.

Tool Kit, what for. Never give it a thought that it might break down and it never has. Did a 2000 mile trip from the south of France to the UK and back, Think I had some ducting tape in there somewhere and a screwdriver and a Swiss army knife.

It's a 1990, 200tdi, 110. Ex military.

Just about to change the foot wells as I put my finger through them this morning. Also changing the front axle next week as I managed to bend the present one which puts the wheel alignment out.

Parts are cheap, I can do some work on it myself. It's great for running the Froggies of the road as I live in France. Everyone gives it a wide birth in the car park so no dents when you get back, or none that I have noticed.

It's great in the snow when winter comes. Great Truck.

"Sometimes I don't understand women, but I always understand my landy..."

Love it! ne'mind a sticker, that one's almost worth a tattoo!

My 1990 RRC may have spent 4 of the last 9 years in my care being worked on, and it's broken down a few times, but it has never failed to complete a journey under it's own steam. I LOVE it and can't imagine life without it.

Back to the tools - for long journeys I take virtually everything except the welder, but for commuting it's a wheelbrace. That's it. :)

Why I hate my Landy,

Because it has taken the best part of 3 hours to change the rear passenger door handle!!! Really should it have been that difficult? Well no, not really two screws and it should have been removed. Only the screws were rusted into the housings so needed to be cut out with the angle grinder.

Slot the replacement handle in, simple. Only issue, where the front screw lines up is just behind the metal housing!! Got it lined up and then found the 'quality replacement' that I had paid extra for, didn't fit!! removal and a fettle followed to remove some surplus moulding plastic to allow it to fit, and then fitted again.

All good now just the retaining clip to go and then door card!!! Well its not that easy is it? it never is!! The retaining clip required a contortionist of the hand, so bring on Mrs S with little hands still impossible to fit the retaining clip, even with a mixture of hands and pliers!!

Only one thing for it, remove the outer metal card holding the window motor etc, six bolts and two screws later and window card was removed to allow enough access to the clip, 2 seconds clip done, re-assemble, put things away!!!

But I do love her really!!

Jason.