On The Road Tyres

Further to the questions re: Brake up-grade posted above – I'd welcome any advice you can share with regard to the correct choice of tyres essentially for on-tarmac, road use.

I commute to work in a 1989 110 V8 Pick-up via narrow single track twisty lanes, and B roads, is rural, hilly, often damp, and can involve leaves, and agricultural activities.

I have scared my self witless (that's Wit with a ‘W’) on a couple of occasions, so I need to improve my stopping distances. Especially in the wet.

Currently using a rag tag mix (that were on it when I bought it) mix of BFG and Colway 265/75 16s

So starting with a blank sheet of paper and a sensible budget – what would you use?

Thanks

Agricultural activities, does that involve field work here and there?

I believe a set of all-terrains in the standard fitment size (which for a 110 is 235/85/R16 I think) would do you well. BFG make a good one, very highly regarded, but there's also the General Grabber AT2.

I personally wouldn't put anything 'less' than an AT pattern tyre on, it is a Land Rover after all :P