Tiger Mosquito In Portsmouth

reads90

mmmm anyone seen this and thought the same as me

Tiger Mosquito came from malaysia to Europe in a load of Tyres. And now in Portmouth (well not a bad thing there then :lol: , sorry Tonk , but far too close to Southampton though)

tiger Mosquito

The are Black and yellow, little buggers, mmm simex colours too

Don't pay too much attention to fear-mongering articles like this one. we have heaps of these little blighters down in Australia. They only really appear after or during a bit of a wet spell (i know, 99% of the time in UK :P ), and they are less efficient at carrying diseases than these sorts of articles would have you first think. They're just a pain in the arse because their bites itch for a little while.

You can keep the Tigers over there...........

We are having an unusually mosquito free summer in my part of New Brunswick..........

Normally the bastids would carry you off :)

Then again we have the "West Nile " virus carrying kind of mosquito...... BIG SCARE over that one..................

That particular mosquito is also reponsible for Dengue fever which can lead to a severe haemorhagic and potentially fatal outcome.

My best advice is kill 'em all, the only good mosquito is a dead mosquito

I remember reading some article on jungle trekking years ago and about the advrese effect fo burning mosquito coils due to toxic fumes. At the end of the article it said something like "If you are worried about the toxicity of these chemicals, read the chapter on Malaria and other mosquito borne diseases again" :D

I've found that the best way to control the b##tards is to build yourself a little pond with freshwater fish that like to feed on insects that hit the surface. ie mosquitoes trying to lay eggs. The ones we have in our pond eat the eggs too, so mrs mosquito will either fly off happy that shes laid her eggs, or get eaten in the process. The fish are only tiny little b#ggers too. about an inch long on average.

This is the little fella. You can pick them up in most creeks around Brisbane

Geeez, to think I was only worried about the Taxi drivers in Melbourne :ph34r: Bandits

(In mediterranean accent) "Yeah wanna gow were mate? Westin, westin what? Westin Hotel, nevereard of it mate, d'ya know were it ees?" I kid you not. :rolleyes:

Sadly those corkscrewers could'nt drive FA...................

I've just spent a week in Moscow - and the driving there is.........well - creative

We came to some traffic lights at red on a 2 lane dual carriageway. Cars start undertaking down the hard shoulder. When that filled up, more cars started undertaking those on the hard shoulder via the grass !!

At another snarled up junction there was a wide pavement up a slope beside the road. Anyone with a 4X4 was climbing the sideslope, driving round the corner on the pavement, and avoiding the traffic lights to turn right :o

Lots of Range Rovers and quite a few Disco's, but only saw one Defender.

4 years of non-smoking, sat in a Russian swamp, ran out of 100% deet, 400 fags in the back of the car to keep the traffic cops happy, mossie net on head, sleeping bag over the the top of that and Im still getting bitten and going mental from the noise of sitting in what sounded like a bee hive..... back on the fags

I hate mossies

big ones

little crappy ones

loud ones

quiet sneeky ones

KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL!........................................

I need my pills now nurse