Home of the Legend

I have a Land Rover Experience "Home of the Legend" keyring. On the back of the keyring are some map co-ordinates which I presume are for the "Home of the Legend" HQ at the Land Rover factory. After a bit of investigation I understand there are at least three ways of representing latitude and longitude co-ordinates:-

1, decimal degrees

2, degrees and decimal minutes

3, degrees, minutes and seconds

The co-ordinates I have on the keyring are degrees and decimal minutes I think. The co-ordinates are:-

52 deg 43.183' N

001 deg 77.175' W

I've tried converting them to degrees, minutes and seconds so that I can try them in Google Earth, but there seems to be a problem with the W entry. I think 77.175' is invalid for decimal minutes?

Can any of you peeps help me decipher these co-ordinates into something reasonable?

I have a Land Rover Experience "Home of the Legend" keyring. On the back of the keyring are some map co-ordinates which I presume are for the "Home of the Legend" HQ at the Land Rover factory. After a bit of investigation I understand there are at least three ways of representing latitude and longitude co-ordinates:-

1, decimal degrees

2, degrees and decimal minutes

3, degrees, minutes and seconds

The co-ordinates I have on the keyring are degrees and decimal minutes I think. The co-ordinates are:-

52 deg 43.183' N

001 deg 77.175' W

I've tried converting them to degrees, minutes and seconds so that I can try them in Google Earth, but there seems to be a problem with the W entry. I think 77.175' is invalid for decimal minutes?

Can any of you peeps help me decipher these co-ordinates into something reasonable?

Try N 52.43183

W 001.77175

Paul beat me to it!

Peter

Os Map Ref SP 15610 81565

Deg, Min, Sec, 52°25'54.6"N, 1°46'18.6"W

52.43183°N, 1.77183°W

Dose that help?

Paul

Yep that helps loads. So the figures on the keyring are in decimal degrees, not degrees decimal minutes, which is why I got confused. The notation on the keyring suggested the latter, but was actually the former.

The co-ordinates are spot on in Google Earth for where the Home of the Legend complex is on the site, but the aerial photos in Google Earth are from before it was built (I think)

:lol: The co-ordinates on my key ring are different!

N 52 (degrees) 25.900'

W001 (degrees) 46.292'

:huh: Have they moved recently?? :lol:

Comparing with Google Earth, I think those figures are in degrees, minutes, and seconds as opposed to my keyring which appears to be the same location, but in decimal degrees notation. What a mess!!! :blink: