T-wash is being picky...

The T-wash isn't darkening all of my chassis. I did it once, after removing any grease etc, and hosed off, then the whole thing went white... :blink: I washed it all down with a cloth and applied it again, giving it a good scrub as it went on, but there's still patches that look shiny...

Any Ideas?

Ta,

Jake

That's what I'm using it for, but it doesn't seem to even lightly darken some areas. I'll see how it looks in the daylight, but what do you reckon is acceptable for painting onto? The paint I'm covering it with is Intercure 200, so I don't want to get it wrong...

Thanks,

Jake.

In my experience there are always bits that look like you've missed them, some bits go black instantly (most of it), and some bits show no sign of change. I wouldn't worry. Wash it off, maybe degrease it once more, and then on with the paint.

Al.

Riiiiight then... Almost none of it's gone black, only the occasional patch. Most of it's just not shiny any more. Actually, I'll get the camera. What follows is after washing, degreasing, t-washing by brush, hosing off, sponging off, t-washing again, then sponging and powerhosing. Arrrrrggggh!

Hi Jake,

Apparently its natural for the galving to come off and for salts to appear when the zinc gets wet, my new galv chassis has salts all over it and wondered what it was to start with.

Theres a good link here but there was a good one raised recently (that I cant find! :angry: ).

The link I was looking for was from a chap where a lot of the galving had come off due to road salts in winter and was quite frightening how quick it was coming off compared to the age of the chassis.

Personally i have missed the boat for painting my chassis when it was bare however I am just going to liberally apply two coats of waxoyl to the complete chassis by brush and touch it up once a year where needed.

HTH

G :)

Thanks all, now undercoated, and it looks great. I tried scraping a bit off, and found that it's well and truly stuck on. I can thoroughly recommend Intercure 200 paint, if you can find it at a reasonable price (Like from a forum member :D ). 2/3 of a paint-mixing cup weighs about 1 kilo! It nearly burnt the drill out mixing the colour part though, a bit thick.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Jake