Battery jump start terminals...

Maverik

My 90 has buckets seats so access to the battery is limited without removing the seat.

Rather than having to remove the seats to allow me to acess the battery for say jumping/charging purposes, the power leads for the winch are directly wired to the battery, can anyone see any issues with me clamping jump leads to the winch +ve/-ve terminals at the front of the vehicle to do this?

Cheers

Mav

Depends on what the wire to the winch is rated to, i'd say if it's high enough and the winch isn't on, then should be ok, as long as it's not done often.

could you not fit an anderson connector to the outside of the battery box to plug into? that's be a safer way to do it, i'm going to do the same thing when i have time, not that i have bucket seats, i'm just lazy and don't like taking the seat out!

It shouldn't move the winch if the control solanoid's aren't powered up. my winch is perminantly wired to the battery.

Anderson connectors looks smarter, but you're in a pickle if all you have are jump leads.

I was going to cut my jump leads, which are really heavy duty ones, and put an anderson connector in one end, so i can use them with either the connector or the clips.

solves both problems.

i'm going to pt an anderson connector on my t-max compressor too....

Yup andersens are best. They do tend to corrode a bit with road carp, so will need working in and out when you need to use them. Also worth putting a cut-out / isolator switch by the battery just incase the cables rub or you need to turn them off in an emergency. You can get the connectors from Vehicle wiring products or RS.

canberra_ev_festival_047_crop.jpg

I was going to cut my jump leads, which are really heavy duty ones, and put an anderson connector in one end, so i can use them with either the connector or the clips.

solves both problems.

i'm going to pt an anderson connector on my t-max compressor too....

My mate had that with a socket on each end of his 110 - much easier to jump others without having to bugger about turning to get in the right place.