LR Black Mastic

SteveG

Anyone know a source of the black mastic that LR use on door/room frames etc to fill the gaps etc. Seems to work best in my opinion so I want to get some more to finally do my door seals properly.

Thanks

Steve :)

It could be LR part number 78159 the black glazing sealant as used on the rear door to seat the glass into. :D

The black stuff around the windscreen to bulkhead joints (under the door seals) is "dum-dum sealant putty".

Used it for years on classic cars etc. Someone is selling a couple of tins on e-blag for £5.99 at the moment.

It remains flexible and doesn't dry out or cure like silicone etc.

Regards

Scrumps

The black stuff around the windscreen to bulkhead joints (under the door seals) is "dum-dum sealant putty".

Used it for years on classic cars etc. Someone is selling a couple of tins on e-blag for £5.99 at the moment.

It remains flexible and doesn't dry out or cure like silicone etc.

Regards

Scrumps

Yes and you will be getting covered in it every time you touch the door frame and every time you get in and out :lol: be there done that

As I have a box on the floor next to my desk in my site office

Dow Corning

791 weatherproofing sealant

Neutral Silicone High Movement (takes about 48hr to go off properly but stays very soft and rubbery for about 10 years)

That's what My glaziers use and I use on my racers and 90 for sealing up gaps in roofs and body work.

cost at a builder merchants between £3-7

Anyone know a source of the black mastic that LR use on door/room frames etc to fill the gaps etc. Seems to work best in my opinion so I want to get some more to finally do my door seals properly.

Thanks

Steve :)

Dum Dum putty is the stuff. Getting harder to get hold of these days as most auto paintshops have swapped over to modern Sikaflex, Tigerbond type materials. Search for 'dum dum' at Frost Auto restoration. £5.00 a tin.

Kev

Cheers for the replies everyone. Yes I used the flexible sealant already but the putty seems to be better at filling the bigger gaps found on a LR, especially mine with panels from various models :P

Cheers

Steve